Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 914 1.8 Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nigolusa
My friend needs help and I'm hoping the 914 community can come to the rescue. She has a 75' 1.8 914 sitting in her garage. It does not start but is in very good shape. She's a single mother of three boys, two being handicapped. One boy suffers from severe hemophilia and blindness. The other boy had a stroke at birth. Her third thankfully is healthy. You can't imagine what she's been through. She's worked so hard all her life, struggled unsurmountable obstacles and survived. She's never had time to herself and her only love is this car. I'm praying somebody in the vicinity of Pasadena, California can help get her car back on the road. I her friend am able to help her with a little money plus she also has a little saved to get this car back. She does not want to get rid of the car and the landlord is giving her a very hard time. If anybody can donate their time and help her, you would be doing a great service to a very deserving mother. Thank you all and god bless. Contact info: nigolusa@yahoo.com. Thanks again pray.gif
914itis
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
bandjoey
More info will help...i.e. how long has it been since she's driven the car and why did she stop? Carbs or FI? How long has the gas been in the tank and sitting? and any other info you can add, along with pictures of the mechanicals if you're not familiar with the car.

It might be as simple as cleaning out the fuel system - old gas is gummy - or bad electrical grounds - they're old and rusty in many cases.

You might be able to do the simple stuff with guidance from us, with a little more info.

You're a champ for helping her out, too. welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
SLITS
Since it's a '75 1.8L it will be L-Jet unless the PO changed it to carbs.

I am in Riverside (work), and willing to donate a Saturday for assistance.

I don't have that many L-Jet parts as I only have owned D-Jet cars (one 1.7 and several 2.0s). My /6s are CIS.

Anyway, if there is no hurry, PM me for my cell phone and I will see if I can arrange some time quickly for evaluation.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.