Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want a bit of 914 head!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Hahahahaha!!!! Ya bunch of freakin' perverts!!!
Mark Henry
This is what’s on my bench right now!
Mark Henry
One more.
Mark Henry
VW and/or 356 guys do you know what these are?
GWN7
Did you corner the market on all the used P car heads up here? smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Okrasa carbs/intakes ??

Are you hiring ??

I seem to get along with Canadians very well.

B
GWN7
That's only because you speak our language, eh!

Pass the back bacon, ya hosser smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Mark..

I wasnt worried that you would post something "questionable"

I know who those people are....

I really miss Bob and Doug McKenzie

B
Mark Henry
Brad, you think I whine about the winters here? Your little white ass would totally freeze here buddy. Plus we can only drive the P cars 6 months of the year.

Brad’s the man with the answer! Yep, I’m putting together a 36hp Okrasa engine, it’s mine, full correct resto. Get this though; I don’t even have a car to put it in! Yet!

2 sets of the 3 bolt heads are mine, 2 are for Mike’s 914 a local Porsche repair + resto shop. The other sets are customer’s bug heads. I build 15-25 engines per year (11 on the go right now) for the Ontario, Canada market.

My bug engine, 2.0, Berg crank, about 125hp:
Mark Henry
Lets try that again!
Brad Roberts
I was born in Indy and Texas freezes over.. I'm not scared of the cold.. it just sucks..LOL

How about that Okrasa ID ??

I'm 32... but my father made sure I had seen the whole world when it came to car parts. I walked into a guy's garage the other day and buried on the shelf he had a factory twin 4 barrel setup for a Corvette. It surprised the shit out of him when I knew exactly what it was.

B
Jeff Krieger
I love cooling fins ... it might have something to do with those cox powered planes I had as a kid. Were those diesel engines?
Aaron Cox
I love cooling fins ... it might have something to do with those cox powered planes I had as a kid. Were those diesel engines?

you talking about the cox engines right? they were glowplug 2 strokes i think. sorta like a diesel i guess.
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(acox914 @ May 2 2003, 08:56 PM)

you talking about the cox engines right? they were glowplug 2 strokes i think. sorta like a diesel i guess.

Yes cox engines.

I think some firetrucks have two-stroke diesel engines. If I remember right, some of them are supercharged and turbocharged.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 2 2003, 07:53 PM)
How about that Okrasa ID ??

B

Half of the splity and oval owners around here don’t even know what an Okrasa engine is, so I’d say that’s pretty damn good.
Zeke
I had a factory dual quad set up. I put a single Holley on that little 283 and it ran much better. Maybe that was why it was on the shelf. tongue.gif
Dave_Darling
Okrasa, huh? Crap, I thought they were the CB Performance "super" heads. Shows ya what I know about Type I motors...

14 cylinder heads. 4 pair look to be 2.0 liter 914 heads. That's a pile o' money... Unless they're cracked to hell.

--DD
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 2 2003, 09:10 PM)
Okrasa, huh? Crap, I thought they were the CB Performance "super" heads. Shows ya what I know about Type I motors...

14 cylinder heads. 4 pair look to be 2.0 liter 914 heads. That's a pile o' money... Unless they're cracked to hell.

--DD

No cracks! This is Canada, we don’t see the constant high outside temp’s that you California guys do, so if the engine was running right there is never a crack. These are all crack free heads, 1 iffy plug thread, 1 striped sensor boss. Besides I don’t tank then bead blast cracked heads, takes me over an hour each head to get them this clean.

Oh and those Okrasa heads and carbs, they’re worth almost as much as all those 914 heads put together. blink.gif

BTW I can get more 2.0 3 bolt heads no problem, but the price is the going rate.

This is what the Okrasa engine will look like when done:
Bleyseng
There was a whole Okrasa kit complete at a swap meet 2 years ago still in the box. I haven't seen one since I was a kid.
Good id. Brad. Not bad for a young punk.
Geoff
TMorr
I spotted the Okrasa stuff too.....
Always on the lookout. I have a '54 Beetle (we never did call them "Bug's" in Australia) maintained only, unrestored, but not driven since 1986, when I last lived in Aus.
Okrasa kit, or Judson S'Charger kit would be a cool period upgrade for my car, even in the 80's it was hard to drive safely (keep up safely) in modern traffic (brakes mostly) but the car's days are probably over as my daily dirver, which is how I enjoyed it up for 3 years up to 1986.
1954 was the first year for official VW imports to Australia, I have one of the 11 units delivered to Western Australia that year. Western Australia is 11 times the area of Texas!
I have seen 3 of the others delivered in 1954 (still running - one still the original owner, until he died.....), making a pretty good survival rate.
Not sure what I am meant to do next year when the car turn's 50! Any air cooled ideas?

Regards

Hayden PTBT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.