Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hurricane update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Just sitting around here waiting for the blow, so why not work on the car. Wife's upstairs with the kids anyway.

Mounted oil and fuel filters and ran carb feed lines and fuel filter feed.

Hope the power stays on.

dr
Root_Werks
Looks good! laugh.gif I love working on my 914. boldblue.gif

I feel for you and hope the huricane isn't as bad as they say it will be.
DerekKim
Dang clean lookin engine. Nice. Good luck with the hurricane also.
Demick
Looks good!

Almost worth converting to carbs for such a clean look. I hated covering up my nice clean motor with all that FI crap. Not quite as much as I hate tuning carbs though!

Demick
machina
Thanks,

there is still alot of plumbing and wiring to install, so it will look a bit more cluttered but I am trying to keep everything clean and easy to access.

Wanna be able to do a 30 minute motor drop. aktion035.gif

dr
JoeSharpOld
DR; Once you get it to the point that you can drop the in that quick you wont have to. biggrin.gif
Joe
red914
so, where is all the grime and grease and crap? i bet there is no rust in the "hole of hellishness," either. see, having an engine that clean attracts hurricanes, i tell you.

now my greasy dirty grimy engine just make the earth shake a bit now and then; oh, and threatens with volcanoes!

the engine is really nice, btw. don't listen to my griping. no one else does.
JoeSharpOld
Demick: agree.gif I felt that my shinney new engine compartment looked totally HOSED sad.gif
All that money to make the D-jet work and no eye candy.
Joe
Andyrew
No engine tin?

How long are your races??
DerekKim
So what is the hole of hellishness? I keep hearing about it and my guess is a rust issue or something of the like but have never actually seen a picture of it. Anyone?
vortrex
upper left hand corner of that picture, yes rust.

where the firewall meets the right side engine shelf.
URY914
Over the next two days I plan on getting a lot done too. Should start raining here around noon and continue for 24-30 hours.

Can't wait! biggrin.gif

Paul
machina
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 3 2004, 08:17 PM)
No engine tin?

How long are your races??

short,

20-30 minute sprint races. we'll have to see if she can run an enduro, (2 40 minute sessions)

dr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.