Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll cage.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DerekKim
So I searched through the discussion area and ended up empty handed. I'm looking for a roll cage that's not full race but still gives me goo protection. I was thinking a tube at each corner of the cockpit. connect the two front ones up top and run em back by the doors. same with the back. then have a harness bar and door bars all connected to one. Is there a kit like thise or is this safe and a decent cage? Any help is appreciated. Also are there any custom cage building shops around?

Thanks,
Derek
Mueller
hmmm, I did a search on 914world.com, got 10 pages worth when looking for roll cage

bolt-in=autopower (google it)

weld-in=back East, I'd recommend Tangerine Racing, Chris Foley is the owner and posts here under Racer Chris

on the West, TC Design, Tony is the owner

"not full race" you either put one in correct or don't do it...mine's not "full race" but it is installed correctly (proper location and number of tubes)

The problem with bolt-in cages I've seen, they don't fit the interior as well and take up too much space
TimT
Safety Devices makes a pretty good cage
Jeroen
QUOTE(TimT @ Sep 4 2004, 12:15 AM)
Safety Devices makes a pretty good cage

agree.gif
DerekKim
Alright I'll check into it thanks.
ChrisFoley
If you want to find a custom cage builder in your area try this link. It's a SCCA Improved Touring Chat Forum, and I 'm giving you the Southeast Division Forum link.
IT Chat SE Division
Just join the forum and ask if anyone can recommend a cage builder in your area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.