Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone have sprint style wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
etcmss
contemplating this wheel and would like info. if you have them (or know of someone) what size tires actually fit stock 914?
seems to look nice and a reasonable cost. Don't want to buy and ship to Illinois if they won't do the job. Tech guy did not know 914's.
Gary
914itis
I ave those on my Toyota MR2, Would love to have them on my 914.
do you have a link of the vendor?
7TPorsh
I think the back spacing is for a bug. They may stick out a little bit.
Mark Henry
They are called Sprint Stars, the originals were steel and made in Germany (VW OE supplier) for the old EMPI.
Those are repops, cast aluminum with a bug offset.

I have a set of original sprint stars with caps made for the 914, good condition but if you break out a magnifying glass you can see the odd hint of rust. I also have a spare wheel, but it definitively needs refinishing.

I'm going 5 lug, if you are interested send me a PM
I'll look for a pic.
Mark Henry
Sprint stars on teen
jimkelly
mahle or pedrini would be very close
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Feb 9 2012, 05:50 PM) *

mahle or pedrini would be very close

You really think so? I gotta say no.
etcmss
here's the link to socalimports---http://www.socalautoparts.com/index.php/rims-tires-accessories-lug-wheels-4x130-c-1206_1545

still would like to know the tire size allowed.
Gary
TheCabinetmaker
195/60 will fit fine. 205/60 may rub the lip of the fender well. depends on the car and the brand of tire.
Mark Henry
etcmss Pm'ed me
so what size tires did you use?

I95/65-15,
A 205 might be too tight. These are the original steel, I have no clue on the aluminum ones, I also have steel Sprint Stars for a bug in both 4-1/2" and 5-1/2" and they are a different offset.
Mine fit and that's all I know.
monkeyboy
I looked at those. I seemed to remember they only had the Bug offset. They don't make the 914 offset anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.