Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: damn porsche shops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Schnell944
so i finally go to pick up the 914 ive been getting together for autocross....pay for the labor(new tranny among other things) and i see that there is a chip on the inside of the windshield, and a crack running all the way down....definately wasnt there b4. guy says he doesnt know what happened. i try to confirm w/ te PO who drove it to him when i bought it that there was no crack, line was busy....so i take the car....me in the 944 w/ dad following me in the 914. the lid on the engine flips up while on the h-way, so he pulls over, then we cant start it again...f'n battery terminal connecters are messed up...told him to fix that....I give up and have it towed to him and tell the mech. to deal w/ it and to let me kno what he's gonna do about the windshield. you'd think it was like the first time he did work for me. sigh. sorry for the rant, i know you guys could prob. care less, but catharsis is good. anticlimaxes suck. positive note: it was fast the 12 minutes it was driven
Brad Roberts
Sorry to hear about your "hell".

I have delivered cars to customers that I fealt "wherent ready" but the customers insisted on having the car.

I paid for it over and over... with comebacks.

B
krk
Schnell944,

Care less? Wrong BBS! Good luck on getting the puppy "put to right"!

kim.
rick 918-S
See, I find that story outragious. I can't imagine paying for someone to abuse me. It's not the first time we've heard stories about customer abuse and it unfortunately won't be the last. I'm going to tell you what I expect when I bring something in for repair. This is my way of thinking. I had a customer bring in a car with right front corner damage. The customer came and picked the car up after the repair. Ten minutes later she returned stating her turn signals didn't work. She was not happy about it at all. I'm sure she thought we were just going to blow her off. And based on the average customer experience can you blame her reaction? We pulled it back in the shop while the customer waited. Turned out the left rear signal element was burned. We repalced the bulb and thanked the woman for allowing us to work on her car. We could have embaressed the woman that was clearly upset by telling her the bulb was on the opposite corner of her vehicle. And it wasn't our fault. Any BTW you owe us $1.25 for the bulb. But for what gain? If you shelled out some serious cash on a tranny, etc. The guy can afford to fix the windsheild he cracked. "Quality is conforming to what the requirements are."
(Phil Crosby's Quality Collage) After 15 years in the collision and restoration business I have some stories about things that happen during repairs. You can be a man about it or not. I depends what you can sleep with.
krk
Well said Rich.

(the same attitude fits in software contracting)

kim.
Schnell944
he is saying that the crack was under the rear view mirror now and that he couldnt have done it. I still feel kinda put off bc i never noticed this....but I dont really feel like arguing like a jerk....sigh. at least hes better than my last shop that turned out to be a crack front.....arrived there one day and all was gone.... blink.gif
Zeke
Has anyone cracked their windshield when jacking the car in some way or another other than all four points at a time?
mskala
QUOTE(Zeke @ May 3 2003, 02:04 PM)
Has anyone cracked their windshield when jacking the car in some way or another other than all four points at a time?

If it's happened I would think it was something that was already defective. See my
recent thread where I jacked just the windshield frame 5/8" and it didn't bother
the windshield. And that was on an aftermarket windshield that has been
delaminating at the corners for years.
Mark S. IPB Image
'70 914-6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.