Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: real time koni ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
on the yellow rears the threaded collar has a machined inset area on one end and the other one is just flat. does the clip on the strut go inside the machined area? al blose is over doing an install.

kevin
Brad Roberts
Move the clip to its lowest setting and flip the machined part so it sits as far down on the clip as it can. This will help squeeze the clip into the groove.

B
Brad Roberts
When you get everything on the car.. twist the RED machined piece to raise or lower the gold perch. It is easier to turn the red piece than it is to turn the gold piece.

I thought there was a Word .doc going out with each kit....

B
rhodyguy
thank you. no intructions. stick around a while wink.gif
Jeroen
Brad,

You told me the "hats" that come with the coil-over kit still needed to be machined
I wrote the dimensions down somewhere but obviously can't find 'm anymore headbang.gif
How wide and deep do they need to be drilled out?

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
Did you buy from me ??

Only the very first few sets needed any work to them. Flip one over and shoot a pic for me. I'll let you know if it needs it or not.

B
Jeroen
Yep, I bought it from you (while I was there)
You told me how much it needed to be drilled, but I lost my notes...
rhodyguy
i would bet that the old struts were the ones that came with the car. the fronts went in and out sort of like an accordian. the remnants of one rubber stops that was left had a 914 part #on it. i hope al comes on this a.m. and shares his impressions on the handling improvements. i have to take the rears on my car apart. <_<

kevin
ablose58
OMG, Did that make a world of difference smilie_pokal.gif I could swear that I am driving a totally different car beer.gif Rides and handles like a dream and it doesn't feel like I am driving a buckboard anymore boldblue.gif Kevin thanks for all your help clap56.gif This site rocks. cool_shades.gif AL
Brad Roberts
Glad we could help Al. NOW. Set them full firm and run around town... then set the front full soft but leave the rear full firm. Then set the rear soft and leave the front soft... run around town. I want you to know the difference. You have to experience the difference to fully understand how much adjustment you have.

B
ablose58
Thanks, Brad, I will do that on my way home from work tonight smilie_pokal.gif AL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.