Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blast from the past
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
As far as I know this was the 1st 914 website with a forum

http://web.archive.org/web/19981206000802/www.dgi.net/914/
Gint
One of the first sites I came across when I bought my first 914.
billh1963
Interesting prices in the for sale section
Dave_Darling
I figured you'd found a copy of the DGI website. smile.gif

How about "estinc.com"? Tim's 914 Fan Page?

Or better yet, the Porschephiles mailing list?

--DD
Perry,Interesting site..Back then people were bashing AA..I love the "6" prices..Thanks for posting,914
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(914 @ Feb 9 2012, 07:13 PM) *

Perry,Interesting site..Back then people were bashing AA..I love the "6" prices..Thanks for posting,914

Funny you focused on that also!! I went right to the bashing section because I just had another experience that keeps telling me they are just not customer friendly!!

confused24.gif

The problem is they have some stuff that I cant get from anyone else!

Gotta wonder??
rick 918-S
Yep, First 914 site I found when I started surfing the internet. Then Pelican.
jaxdream
I visited that site a lot . Then drifted , went looking for it a while back , couldn't find it , but found this site looking for the 914 diginet site .Lots of info there still , just much more here and updated.

Jack
SLITS
1st site I used to buy parts & cars ... then off to Pelican
bembry
Yeah--soemone mentioned Tim's 914 Fan Page--that was a great site. Whatever happened to Tim?
JmuRiz
Sure do remember it, I even remember surfing it via text-only on a VAX my first year of school!
I always remember it as the Renegade 914 site though...

I was planning my buying of a 914 once I got done with college.
eric9144
I remember that one...but this was that one that was really responsible for giving me the 'disease' of having to have a really correct GT clone (yay way back machine!):

Picture documentaries of nearly all the GT cars sheeplove.gif

http://web.archive.org/web/20040727082249/...y.net/~jonlowe/
laflaur
Yep, found that right after I bought my six,then I met up with a bunch of those guys in Monterey for the 98 historics.
Won a nice golf shirt with that logo on the front at a dinner raffle.
jasons
Yeah, I just found a classified ad I placed in Feb 2000.
Steve
QUOTE(bembry @ Feb 10 2012, 06:56 AM) *

Yeah--soemone mentioned Tim's 914 Fan Page--that was a great site. Whatever happened to Tim?

I used to live down the street from him in Chandler,AZ back in the late 90's. I heard a rumor he got divorced, wrecked his vet? And can no longer drive 914's. Who knows for sure.
Dave_Darling
Last I talked to Tim, his son had a wreck in the 914. The kid was hurt, but survived intact. The car, not so much. Tim had gotten out of 914s and into the Mister Two Spyder.

I'm not sure what happened to him after that.

--DD
Sparky
Yeah the way back machine! I remember all those sites Porschephiles being one of the first then Tim's or maybe its the other way around. Coffee hasnt kicked in yet but I do recall getting to meet DD and EdV because of the very early stages of Rennlist.

*SIGH*

Those were the days....
bandjoey
Want a blast from recent past?

Click the Page Go To and enter # 1.

See what was happening years ago here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.