Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Hand Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
kkid
Looking for a 32mm open end wrench.

Question: Can 1-1/4" open end wrench be used on 32mm oil line fittings or is it too small?

Thanks in advance,

kkid smile.gif
euro911
1-1/4" is only 31.75mm ... might be a tad too small.
bdstone914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 10 2012, 02:01 AM) *

That is only .010" smaller. Depends on how precise the wrench is made. A couple of strokes with the file to open up the wrench might do it.

I might have an extra 32 mm open end wrench I could sell.

Bruce

strawman
You can usually pick up a 32mm open end wrench from your local bike supply shop -- they're used on bicycle headsets. They're very thin (i.e., something like 12 or 14 gauge steel), though, which might end up scratching the oil line nuts if you really have to reef on 'em. But they're cheap and easy to find. YMMV.
1TRICK6
Harbor Freight has a 15pc set (20mm - 36mm) service wrenches for $45, but too bad they don't sell them separately.
euro911
How about a good 32X30mm Craftsman wrench from Sears, lifetime warranty and all.

Under $20. link
PCA7GGR
I'm in Dublin (CA) - you can borrow mine if you return it in the same condition as you got it.

Sergio
cpfoster
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Feb 10 2012, 09:08 PM) *

I'm in Dublin (CA) - you can borrow mine if you return it in the same condition as you got it.

Sergio

Yeah - be careful with the Harbour Freight Chinese stuff for wrenches. I know 32mm is quite large, but I had a 3/8 driver fail on me a long time ago and it really did a job on my knuckles.

HF is great for dollies,tarps and stuff, but I only buy American Made hand tools now. Craftsman are a great, decent quality wrench.
kkid
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 10 2012, 03:43 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 10 2012, 02:01 AM) *

That is only .010" smaller. Depends on how precise the wrench is made. A couple of strokes with the file to open up the wrench might do it.

I might have an extra 32 mm open end wrench I could sell.

Bruce

So I guess this one would be too tight.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNAP-ON-1-1-4-32MM...m#ht_500wt_1287

kkid
QUOTE(strawman @ Feb 10 2012, 04:46 PM) *

You can usually pick up a 32mm open end wrench from your local bike supply shop -- they're used on bicycle headsets. They're very thin (i.e., something like 12 or 14 gauge steel), though, which might end up scratching the oil line nuts if you really have to reef on 'em. But they're cheap and easy to find. YMMV.

We have 3 bikes but have no bike tools in my garage. I just can't spend a penny for bike tools. Am I cheap?

Wait, my neighbor might have one.

smile.gif
kkid
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 10 2012, 06:06 PM) *

How about a good 32X30mm Craftsman wrench from Sears, lifetime warranty and all.

Under $20. link

Thanks for the info.
But I would take a single head wrench for tight spots use.

smile.gif

kkid
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Feb 10 2012, 06:08 PM) *

Sergio

Thanks for the offer. I will definitely contact you when the time comes. I will hand polish it before return.

smile.gif

kkid
QUOTE(cpfoster @ Feb 10 2012, 10:15 PM) *

QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Feb 10 2012, 09:08 PM) *

Sergio

Yeah - be careful with the Harbour Freight Chinese stuff for wrenches. I know 32mm is quite large, but I had a 3/8 driver fail on me a long time ago and it really did a job on my knuckles.

HF is great for dollies,tarps and stuff, but I only buy American Made hand tools now. Craftsman are a great, decent quality wrench.

Yep, their furniture dolly still works on me. But I can't believe I still have their spring compressor.

kkid smile.gif
SLITS
I bought the HF Stuby service wrench set ... works just fine for the large mm sizes.
kkid
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 11 2012, 05:59 AM) *

I bought the HF Stuby service wrench set ... works just fine for the large mm sizes.

I guess you're talking about this...
http://www.harborfreight.com/15-piece-metr...-set-93668.html

Looks great! Wondering if they sell me 32mm only....
76-914
HF has 2 classes of hand tools just like sears does. Sears has Sear's tools and Craftsman tools. HF's better hand tools are "Pittsburgh". No, they aren't Snap-on but pretty decent.
SLITS
QUOTE(kkid @ Feb 11 2012, 07:08 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 11 2012, 05:59 AM) *

I guess you're talking about this...
http://www.harborfreight.com/15-piece-metr...-set-93668.html

Looks great! Wondering if they sell me 32mm only....

That's it, but it was on sale for about $20.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.