You can watch all the videos here

http://porsche914.fr-bb.com/t3093-tierce-b...-neige-et-glace

smilie_pokal.gif
02loftsmoor
man that's too cold for me, my 914 is shivering just thinking about it ohmy.gif
johannes
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Feb 10 2012, 06:31 AM) *

In France, were I live we have 5°F night (20°F day) for more than a week.
That is very unusual... My stock of wood is not going to last ...
The 914 is waiting in the garage ...

JawjaPorsche
I heard Europe is having a very cold winter. We are having a very mild winter here.

Hang in there, spring is not to far off! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(johannes @ Feb 10 2012, 10:16 AM) *

QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Feb 10 2012, 06:31 AM) *

In France, were I live we have 5°F night (20°F day) for more than a week.
That is very unusual... My stock of wood is not going to last ...
The 914 is waiting in the garage ...

sean_v8_914
blue, orange, green gt, white , yellow w black stripe

nice wool helmets
sean_v8_914
when my job prospects were looking like me and Sue were moving to Michigan U-P, I was dreaming of building an ice car. they race out on teh frozen lake. the ice boats look like tons of fun too. (sail boat with ice skates for wheels)
I still want to do this some day
nsr-jamie
Very cool !! Saw some amazing cars in there or at least cars that I like. Those races look like a lot fun!! I would love to see them in person. If you look closely you can spot a few 914 and sixes in the back ground and driving too. Thank you for posting. MERCI !!
sean_v8_914
I spotted 5 914s running
billh1963
Wow...that looks cold.

I think I saw an Audi Quattro in there....that's cheating! dry.gif

In temperatures that cold would a 914 even warm up enough to put heat to the cabin?
balljoint
3:26 in the 4th video. thumb3d.gif
Elliot Cannon
Whenever I see a Mini/Mini-Cooper it always brings a smile to my face. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
I don't speak a word of French but I'm pretty sure the guy with the pink cup and cigarette between his fingers said, "These guys are fockin crazy to be racing around in this weather". I agree. av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Feb 10 2012, 07:34 AM) *

when my job prospects were looking like me and Sue were moving to Michigan U-P, I was dreaming of building an ice car. they race out on teh frozen lake. the ice boats look like tons of fun too. (sail boat with ice skates for wheels)
I still want to do this some day

From San Diego to the Upper peninsula of Michigan??? confused24.gif That had to have been one great job prospect. BRRRR!
gil914
Boy does that bring back memories/nightmares. I tried the Snodrift pro rally in Michigan with my 914. We were incredibly slow and really cold. The webasto gave out about 5 minutes in and the engine had headers so no heat. To top it off we never plugged the front firewall where the cage tubes went thru so plenty of fresh cold air. I could not get the car to turn in no matter what I tried. I should have taken off the big bars and springs and ran a stock suspension. I'm not sure if the lsd helped or hindered. We eventually were holding up traffic so bad that we pulled off and waited for sweep to pull us out so we could go back to headquarters and start warming up. beer3.gif

aharder
Looks like it would be a lot of fun but it's way to cold for me biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
Over 70 degrees yesterday.
johannes
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 10 2012, 08:20 AM) *

I don't speak a word of French but I'm pretty sure the guy with the pink cup and cigarette between his fingers said, "These guys are fockin crazy to be racing around in this weather". I agree. av-943.gif

Some spectators brought "mulled wine" to keep warm. This guy obviously emptied the whole bottle...
johannes
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Feb 10 2012, 07:23 AM) *

I heard Europe is having a very cold winter.

480 Dead in Europe... mostly in central Europe and Russia where temperature are bellow -20°F.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2012/02/10/65746712.html
Drums66
.....Some cool stuff(throw the furniture in,,LOL) poke.gif
smoke.gif bye1.gif
Valy
Very cool videos.

I've seen a Citroen Visa along other cars. This brings back memories from a winter 20 years ago when, in similar weather conditions, I climbed to the Dracula Castle with its Romanian version Oltcit smile.gif
BTW, the castle was closed that day sad.gif
Valy
Just noticed the extremely cool watch in for of a 914 tachometer on the right side of the page.

!! WE WANT IT ON THE 914WORLD PAGE AS WELL !!
johannes
QUOTE(Valy @ Feb 10 2012, 03:12 PM) *

Just noticed the extremely cool watch in for of a 914 tachometer on the right side of the page.

!! WE WANT IT ON THE 914WORLD PAGE AS WELL !!

Already posted about this watch. You will find instructions to put this watch on your desktop here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...30&hl=watch

type.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.