Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a cheap running motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
I'm tired of seeing my 914 in the garage not doing anything. Looking for a known running engine on the cheap. I have some parts I can trade as well.

Rear valance
Front valance (maybe, still at mcmarks, conedodger borrowed it)
Front swaybar
Probably some other stuff as well as cash.
McMark
I've got a few tired 1.7 engines if you're interested.

Oh, I was wondering who's valence I had. I knew it came from Rob, but wasn't Rob's.
Jeffs9146
I just bought another car and I was told that it was running when it was parked! It has a 1.7 but I know nothing else about it! I would give you a screaming deal even if we got it running!
arkitect
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 10 2012, 09:41 PM) *

I just bought another car and I was told that it was running when it was parked! It has a 1.7 but I know nothing else about it! I would give you a screaming deal even if we got it running!

Jeff,
I thought you had a vehicle already, is this a 2nd project?

Dave
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(arkitect @ Feb 10 2012, 10:10 PM) *

Jeff,

Dave

I haven't decided what I am going to do with it yet but maybe a V8 or Subie?? I will probably just part it out! The chassis is a solid CA car but it has not been taken care of for quite a while! blink.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ??
arkitect
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 10 2012, 12:48 PM) *

I'm tired of seeing my 914 in the garage not doing anything. Looking for a known running engine on the cheap. I have some parts I can trade as well.

Rear valance
Front valance (maybe, still at mcmarks, conedodger borrowed it)
Front swaybar
Probably some other stuff as well as cash.

Jeff,
the car you, me and Lennie went in on is still available. You said you might need the engine out of it way back when. I don't know how well it will run but you are welcome to it. It is out of the car with the trany off it, if you need it, use it.

Dave
arkitect
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 10 2012, 10:14 PM) *

Jeff,

Dave

I haven't decided what I am going to do with it yet but maybe a V8 or Subie?? I will probably just part it out! The chassis is a solid CA car but it has not been taken care of for quite a while! blink.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ??

How are the longs and hell hole on the car, do you have title?

Sorry, these things are deffinitely an addiction, I don't even have one fully running and here I am thinking about another addition.
Jeffs9146

Jeff,

Dave

Where have you been Dave?? Is your car on the road yet?? driving.gif
arkitect
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 10 2012, 10:21 PM) *

Jeff,

Dave

Where have you been Dave?? Is your car on the road yet?? driving.gif

Welllll, that depends on what your deffinition of on the road is. Has it been on the road, yes. I went down the block and turned around and went back because I didn't want to push it.

There was a clunking noise....and no the half shafts were connected. Don't know what the issue is, just know it needs more work.
arkitect
Sorry repeat comment, I just found the edit button but couldn't find the delete comment button.
Jeffs9146
LOL

It is very solid but I have not spent time looking at the "crash history" yet but it does have title and a bunch of extra interior stuff!

I made an offer on it last year and she said "NO!!". Unfortunatly she pass away and I ended up buying it from the person who bought the left over contence of the estate..(a mutual friend)!
TravisNeff
I have a sick, tired 1.7 FI engine with most all of everthing - you pay shipping and its yours. However, I bet for the same money you can get something local... Anyways, the offer is there
arkitect
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 10 2012, 10:28 PM) *

LOL

It is very solid but I have not spent time looking at the "crash history" yet but it does have title and a bunch of extra interior stuff!

I made an offer on it last year and she said "NO!!". Unfortunatly she pass away and I ended up buying it from the person who bought the left over contence of the estate..(a mutual friend)!

It goes to show you that u have to be careful about the offers you make, especially the delayed ones.

I emailed Lennie this week and he said that he would be working on his car, not this weekend but next. I would like to make it out and check it out, have seen picts of it but would like to see it up close.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(arkitect @ Feb 10 2012, 10:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 10 2012, 10:28 PM) *

LOL

It goes to show you that u have to be careful about the offers you make, especially the delayed ones.

I emailed Lennie this week and he said that he would be working on his car, not this weekend but next. I would like to make it out and check it out, have seen picts of it but would like to see it up close.

We have been meeting every night and doing the swap from the yellow to the black chassis!

We have made a lot of progress in the past week! It is going to be a very nice car! driving-girl.gif
underthetire
Dave's back!

I forgot about that motor Dave, figured you needed it. I need something that has compression, mines dead dead boom.
arkitect
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 11 2012, 09:18 AM) *

Dave's back!

I forgot about that motor Dave, figured you needed it. I need something that has compression, mines dead dead boom.

It's sitting outside now with plastic over it. Don't know what the compression is on it. PM me and let me know.

I am also working on the first red one I got from Lennie, will need an engine for it one of these days.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.