Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tell me about the Hershey meet...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Hershey is a long drive for me; however, it looks like it would be very interesting! Since I'm always on the lookout for a good deal (whether it be cars or parts) what can I expect if I go?

mepstein
You can have a fun day talking to people and looking at pretty cars but I don't think it's worth going just for 914 stuff. The parts and cars are mostly 911 stuff and I think 914world is a much better place to shop. *just my opinion smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 10 2012, 08:49 PM) *

You can have a fun day talking to people and looking at pretty cars but I don't think it's worth going just for 914 stuff. The parts and cars are mostly 911 stuff and I think 914world is a much better place to shop. *just my opinion smile.gif

OMFG, you mean to tell me I have been driving.gif driving over 900 miles one way every year and there is no 914 stuff to be had. Surely that can't be. There is no way I'd drive that far just to hang out with you bums. poke.gif Besides, I always seem to come home with 914 parts. confused24.gif Go figure. I am going to have to agree and disagree with Mark. I always see a good amount of 914 parts but yes, it is 911 dominated. However, it is worth the drive just to hang out with us. beerchug.gif
okieflyr
If your looking for cross over parts from 911's, it's a bonanza. The 914 parts have gotten a little thinner over the last couple of years, but there is usually some things to be found. Early a.m. is the best time to search for what is on your list, and usually by lunch if it is still around the price may be dropping depending on weather and the undesireable reloading process. As I remember it most years have been very wet (but on pavement). There have also been some beautiful weather days that were great for sitting in the shaded spaces provided by some of our generous vendors and shooting the bull with the 914 world. A lot of Porsches are represented in the show lot's and in the for sale lots. Something for everybody!
Dr Evil
Good time. I always seem to find parts and core transmissions. Sometimes they wankers want crazy prices....and I have seen them come back year after year with the same stock smile.gif

The party seems to be getting better every year as well with the last one being the best even though it was the bunch of us eating pizza, drinking, and carrying on outside of our rooms at our favorite dive motel smile.gif
billh1963
I won't go this year since I'll be attending the Virginia transmission clinic and really can't be out of town back-to-back. Next year will be on the agenda!
VaccaRabite
I have found screaming deals for 914 stuff at Hershey, especially on the wet years. And ig you have stuff to sell, it can safe you fees on shipping, which is nice.

Zach
jimkelly
i have to agree with ... sorry ... what were we talking about smoke.gif
914itis
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 11 2012, 08:45 AM) *

I have found screaming deals for 914 stuff at Hershey, especially on the wet years. And ig you have stuff to sell, it can safe you fees on shipping, which is nice.

Zach

Zach, did you know that you can correct typos on this site before posting? Lol av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Ask me how I know?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=167213&hl=
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Hay Bill , I am supprised I didn't tell you about Hershey when you picked up
my 914. I have driven your 914 there since 2002 or 2003 . Never bought a
thing just went for the Peoples choise area, took a 1st and a 3erd.
After Zack took over promoting it has grown by leaps and bounds. You MUST
go next yr., I am even tho I have yet to find a nice Six to buy.
Also you must go to the East Coast Cookout, no date yet ,but there will be.
Go to Hershey Once & then you will put it on your calendar every yr. after that.
It was a bit over 800 miles for me. That is the reason for the Cruise Control !
Dave slap.gif

billh1963
Good to hear from you Dave! I plan to attend next year. I can't swing going to Dr. Evil's clinic and Hershey back to back.

Your car is doing well....I drove it around 50 miles last weekend. It looks just like it did when I picked it up. Other than an oil change and other routine maintenance it's still purring right along!

I hope you find a 914/6....they command a premium price these days.
jmill
I hear it's kinda like this:
Dr Evil
Pic from last year:
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Mike , Step # 7 is, ( i will not F--k chickens any more ! Did you forget?

Remember work the program. Dave slap.gif
Dr Evil
Roster, Dave. Not a chicken. I am sticking to the plan wink.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 12 2012, 01:28 PM) *

Roster, Dave. Not a chicken. I am sticking to the plan wink.gif

Don't get cocky!!! lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Dr Evil
Some parts are a blur, but these pics remind me of something from that weekend.

I think this is Donald (Hot_Shoe914)
Click to view attachment

Probably a 911 owner. What other wanker would bring a segway to a party?
Click to view attachment

No idea, just a blur.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
Looks like ricola was there....

IPB Image
scott_in_nh
Now that I've seen the pictures I made a reservation!
Dr Evil
Was it the picture of the blue horned aliens banging the pigs that did it?
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 14 2012, 03:36 PM) *

Great minds think alike Dr. beerchug.gif
FourBlades

Those pictures. blink.gif

Gotta love 914 people...

John
jmill
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 14 2012, 02:36 PM) *

That brings new meaning to slamming ham (not to be confused with the unrelated ham slam).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.