Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge cluster question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I just installed my gauge cluster, and so far, my left band right indicators, gauge lightnings are workings, but none of the lights like battery, hand brake and fuel light are working. The engine is not in the car but the relay board is connected to the harness. I have not checked the bulbs yet.

I know that these lights should turn on with the key turned on to the on position, am I missing something?
underthetire
Fuel light won't come on till your out of gas, not with ignition on. Are you talking about the g light? That won't come on unless the alternator is hooked up I believe. The large b light is brake, not battery if that's what your talking about. That one won't come on unless the parking brake is on or you loose brake pressure.
914itis
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 10 2012, 10:11 PM) *

Fuel light won't come on till your out of gas, not with ignition on. Are you talking about the g light? That won't come on unless the alternator is hooked up I believe. The large b light is brake, not battery if that's what your talking about. That one won't come on unless the parking brake is on or you loose brake pressure.

Hm' none of the lights comes on with the key on? as I remember, when the key is turned on, some lights comes on then goes off when the engine starts. Maybe I am wrong confused24.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(ppetion @ Feb 10 2012, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 10 2012, 10:11 PM) *

Hm' none of the lights comes on with the key on? as I remember, when the key is turned on, some lights comes on then goes off when the engine starts. Maybe I am wrong confused24.gif

Just then gen light on mine. I know the rest of mine work.
Dave_Darling
The alternator light and the oil pressure light should come on.

I don't know what you mean by "the engine is soft the car"; that could possibly have something to do with it.

--DD
euro911
Maybe he meant to type 'the engine is out of the car' confused24.gif
Cairo94507
I wish we would all read our posts before we hit "Add This" so we can check to make sure it says what we believed we typed. I read some of these posts and I can't figure out what is being said half of the time.
euro911
agree.gif There is a PREVIEW POST function available, and also an EDIT function for after the fact confused24.gif
914itis
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 10 2012, 11:55 PM) *

Yes I meant out of the car.
914itis
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 11 2012, 09:14 AM) *

agree.gif There is a PREVIEW POST function available, and also an EDIT function for after the fact confused24.gif

Thanks for the tutorial. av-943.gif
Dave_Darling
OK, with no engine, you have no oil pressure sender. So the oil pressure light will never go on.

You also have no alternator. So the alternator light will also never go on.

It sounds like there isn't anything to worry about, at least as far as gauge lights go.

--DD
914itis
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 11 2012, 01:48 PM) *

OK, with no engine, you have no oil pressure sender. So the oil pressure light will never go on.

You also have no alternator. So the alternator light will also never go on.

It sounds like there isn't anything to worry about, at least as far as gauge lights go.

--DD

thanks just wanted to make sure before putting mounting the gauge cluster.
rmital
QUOTE(ppetion @ Feb 11 2012, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 10 2012, 11:55 PM) *

Yes I meant out of the car.

out of the car and in Rory's garage....had some fun today bench/table testing Paul's engine.
euro911
Looks like it may be a little cold on the east coast ... brrrrr

Can you post some close-ups of the engine run adapter?
rmital
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 12 2012, 07:31 PM) *

maybe Paul has a close up.....and yes, today was freezing!
rmital
my favorite pic....the hanging gas tank.... biggrin.gif
rmital
paul's son looking very optimistic throughout the whole process.....
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 12 2012, 04:31 PM) *

agree.gif It looks like it's sitting on a table from the pic's. I can't see exhaust, either. More pic's, please.
Cairo94507
I love that Paul is doing all of this with the help of his son and other kids, I believe, too and of course Ray Mital. What a cool experience for them. Congratulations.
914itis
QUOTE(rmital @ Feb 12 2012, 07:42 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 12 2012, 07:31 PM) *

maybe Paul has a close up.....and yes, today was freezing!

Ray, my pics are thebsamenas yours I don't have a close-up showing the adapter.
914itis
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 12 2012, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 12 2012, 04:31 PM) *

agree.gif It looks like it's sitting on a table from the pic's. I can't see exhaust, either. More pic's, please.

Yes it is on a table and the exhaust was not attached , great time great experience always when teeners owners get together.
914itis
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 13 2012, 09:12 AM) *

I love that Paul is doing all of this with the help of his son and other kids, I believe, too and of course Ray Mital. What a cool experience for them. Congratulations.

Thanks I got into restoration as I was looking kfor a father and son project, we enjoy work g together, it has been great working with him.

Planing to have more wrenching session this summer with his friends , I have a 1.8 that I would like them to tear down and reassemble.
Thanks,

euro911
QUOTE(ppetion @ Feb 13 2012, 06:30 AM) *
Yes it is on a table and the exhaust was not attached , great time great experience always when teeners owners get together.
Hey Paul, do you have a set of the short 75/76 exhaust manifolds? ... they're nice for bench-test runs.

QUOTE(ppetion @ Feb 13 2012, 06:34 AM) *
Thanks I got into restoration as I was looking for a father and son project, we enjoy working together, it has been great working with him.

Planing to have more wrenching session this summer with his friends, I have a 1.8 that I would like them to tear down and reassemble.
Thanks,
Hey, that's a great idea ... cheap labor! (beer (or soda) and pizza) laugh.gif

Wished there were some local energetic gear-head kids around here to do some wrenching ... I'd have all my motorized projects done in short order shades.gif
Dave_Darling
It's neat to see you out there with your son playing with -- I mean WORKING ON -- the car together!

--DD
914itis
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 13 2012, 10:10 AM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ Feb 13 2012, 06:30 AM) *
Hey Paul, do you have a set of the short 75/76 exhaust manifolds? ... they're nice for bench-test runs.

QUOTE(ppetion @ Feb 13 2012, 06:34 AM) *
Thanks I got into restoration as I was looking for a father and son project, we enjoy working together, it has been great working with him.

Planing to have more wrenching session this summer with his friends, I have a 1.8 that I would like them to tear down and reassemble.
Thanks,
Hey, that's a great idea ... cheap labor! (beer (or soda) and pizza) laugh.gif

Wished there were some local energetic gear-head kids around here to do some wrenching ... I'd have all my motorized projects done in short order shades.gif

I wouldn't call it "cheap labor " rather teaching them something valuable that they can use in their future while keeping them away from the streets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.