Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Up Date, got it home! Damn I Think I Have A Problem!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
First let me say, my second half is going to be pissed! shades.gif

Oh well I guess I have to deal with it!

Here it is!
rick 918-S
That hell hole may clean up with a quick sand blasting. Clean all the stuff out of it and lets see the rest of it. idea.gif Oh, sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. happy11.gif
Jeffs9146
I poked and prod but couldn't find any bad rust anywhere! piratenanner.gif

I am confident that it is solid but it is rough!
arkitect
Is this the new addition u were mentioning? 96D, silver metalic, cool color.
Jeffs9146
Yep!
billh1963
Cool! You California guys get all the good ones! beer.gif

Cairo94507
Nice find. Care to share your plans for it? GT flares maybe?
914_teener
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 11 2012, 05:39 AM) *

Nice find. Care to share your plans for it? GT flares maybe?

Nice.............second half hunh.......... stirthepot.gif
wingnut86
Once you start freebasing 914s, there's no turning back

skull.gif happy11.gif

76-914
Ah yes, another repeat offender. beerchug.gif
JStroud
I don't look at it as a problem, more as a community service, rescuing an abandoned 914. Way to go Jeff! Besides don't they do better in packs of two or more.
Well at least that's what I told my wife lol-2.gif

Looks like lots of fun there, good luck with it.

Jeff
JRust
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 10 2012, 09:30 PM) *

First let me say, my second half is going to be pissed! shades.gif
Oh well I guess I have to deal with it!
Here it is!

I hear you. I'm in the stage of trying to thin my herd of 6. If I can just get a few cars sold before I come across another 914 I just have to have sad.gif I'll be making progress. Of course I may just pull the trigger on another 2 I've had my eye on for quite a while headbang.gif . My biggest problem is I can't stand to see them out in the weather rusting away. So I'd rather bring them home & save what I can off of it before it is all gone.

Anyway I don't think you have a problem until you hit double digits happy11.gif
abnrdo
Nice find. I know it gets in the blood.

Love the silver!

beerchug.gif
somd914
I'm suffering the same fate - would love to have a second one, but the other half wants a 356!

As for this one, a good washing, a little wax, vacuum the interior, and you should be ready for next weekend's C&C.

Seriously, looks like a great project car - I'm definitely on the wrong coast when it comes to 914s.
Jeffs9146
OK here is the story!! I decided not to get this car due to the fact that both rear fenders had been side dented. They bought two used doors and were planning on restoring the car some day so they had bought lots of interior stuff and put it in the trunks and in the car.

So the guy wants sell it and wants $600 even though I offered just a bit less. He said it ran when stored. I have no proof of that! There is no title because the PO died and the seller bought it at some kind of estate liquidation sale! He said he can get title in the form of CA DMV lost title form. I know someone who knows the person who died and they verified the story so I think it is legit!

With the two rear fenders dented and both bumpers in very rough shape I decided to pass because it was too much work for me to do a conversion and the big $$ stuff was rough. It would be a great east coast car!!

It does have good handles, door interior and very minor rust....I poked everywhere and it is very solid!

Let me know if anyone is interested
charliew
Have been dented and repaired or Are dented? Big difference. So can you see the damage or has it been repaired? The hell hole is a big plus and dents that have not been messed with too me are much better than repaired dents. 600.00 looks cheap to me but the title is a problem that should lower the value to a parts car or about 400.00 but thats cause in tx there is usually more rust. Course this is still a easy 10k build. In tx just having the title for a car that hasn't been registered in 10 years is worth a lot.
Jeffs9146
The dents have not been repaired except that the doors were replaced! The car looks to have one silver repaint and I am not sure about the white on the front drivers fender! It looks like it may have been light primer and the silver paint pealed off!
Jeffs9146
Ok so I got the car home at my house now and although I told Dave I would sell it to him it is looking like a very solid car!

Do I keep it or let Dave have it??? blink.gif

I will probably just let it go because I don't need another project right now but the longer it sits here the more I want to keep it!

So I spent about an hour taking off the rockers and cleaning up the longs to see what I got!

Here are a few photos!
Passenger long
Mikey914
OK,
How many of thought , even for a second....... How far away is it, and maybe I should get another one?

Yes,
We have a problem, but at least it's not so bad.

Maybe they could start as show called 914 hoarders?
porbmw
That is remarkably rust free clean for a project car...well done.

Is there a poll or stats as to how many of us do own, or have owned, more than one 914???
Jeffs9146
Here is another one with the hole cleaned up!! Looks like solid steel down there!!
Eric_Shea
Exactly what I'm looking for for project #2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.