Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classifieds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Admins:

Have you all discussed whether or not it makes sense to split the For Sale with the Wanteds. On the frst Parts For Sale/Wanted page it's rougly 50/50.

I go looking for stuff for sale, and get frustrated seeing all the WTB stuff.

But that's just me... I'm just a jerk!
sgomes
I'll second you being a jerk....er um... lol2.gif I meant I'll second that we should split the FS and WTB!
Brad Roberts
Split it.

B
Part Pricer
This has been discussed before and I believe that a unilateral decision was made not to split them. I agree on both counts. They should be split and Qarl is a jerk. laugh.gif
McMark
I think that they shouldn't be split because I don't think Want Ads get as much traffic as Sale Ads. So this way boosts the number of Want Ad sales, IMHO.
Brad Roberts
Correct. So why force the people surfing the "for sale" stuff to weed through the WTB stuff ?? 90% of the time the WTB parts people need are IN the classifieds for sale.

See what you can do about going to the Bug event tomorrow. We need to chat about some recent developments.

B
Porsche Rescue
I think they are better together. There are not that many listings on a daily basis. I review daily and see no need to go to two forums. Besides, I get to see what is offered and what is wanted all at once. Maybe I'll see something that I wouldn't see if I only looked at one forum.
Jeroen
Reason they are together is that most people aren't smart enough to see the difference between them and the "WTB" ads end up in the "For sale" section anyway...
It would be easy for an admin to move them from one to another (if we split them up), but I don't feel like going through them every day and cleaning up after stoopid asses that can't read biggrin.gif
(maybe one of the other admins is)

cheers,

Jeroen
aircooledboy
I vote split 'em. Makes it quicker to go thru depending on which you need to do.
Porsche Rescue
I think some folks are missing an important point. I have boxes of 914 stuff, but nothing I would bother advertising for sale. But if someone puts a WTB in for something I have, I will offer it to them. Since I am not actively trying to sell anything, I would not be following the WTB ads and never know they needed something I have. Most recently that occurred when a member wanted a fuse panel cover. They now have one.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Qarl @ Sep 4 2004, 11:00 AM)

btw. while in the classifieds, you can do a search on WTB or FS and you'll get only the posts of your interest ...

wink.gif Andy
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE(Qarl @ Sep 4 2004, 10:00 AM)
Admins:

agree.gif
Happens to me everytime I go looking on the classifieds. doh!
My vote is split-um.
scottb
add another check mark in the split 'em column sawzall-smiley.gif
Lou W
Split em boldblue.gif
Andyrew
Ahh but you see.. thats not fair for the people who actually post the WTB things! Most 914 owners have a box or two of spare parts... some have sheadfulls, some have 10 parts cars... Most just ignore the fact that they have parts, and they go looking at the classifieds for the hit deal... Then WAM they see a WTB that they have and could make a quick buck on! As long as there is a WTB statement in front, people can just block out those messages in their brain... Like how most of us are drawn to the "OT"....

DO NOT SPLIT THEM
Porsche Rescue
andyrew is right
seanery
if the FS and WTB confuse you, you can use the tool built into the browser to sort by topic title. This will separate the FS and WTBs from each other.

see pic below:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.