Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Console VS bigfoot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
The new zambesi green car has a console. But the damn brake pedal is too close to the accelerator. So I have to cock my accelerator foot and my shin is jammed up against the console. Anyone ever put an offset bend on the brake pedal stem to move it towards the clutch pedal? I would like to keep the console.
seanery
PO wasn't into cleanliness much, huh?
ppickerell
Both trunks were PLUGGED with junk as well.
billswim
I have that problem with every one of my customer's cars tht I drive with the center console. I don't even have big feet, but with my work boots I can't work the pedals like I'd like to. None of my 914s ever had center consoles but if I had one I'd look at modifying the side panel of the console before I tried bending the brake pedal. one of the things I've always felt porsche got right was the pedal arrangement, I wouldn't change it if it were my choice.
anthony
I wear size 12 shoes and have no problem with the center console.
ppickerell
I'm 6"4" and I have to bend my leg at the knee so it puts my heel in the brake pedal zone. Maybe I will try the mod of the console. I would like to keep the gages!
Elliot_Cannon
That brake peddle is one strong piece of metal. It would be a lot easier to modify the consol. I took mine out and built one to suit my own needs.
Cheers, Elliot
ppickerell
Elliot, Got pix?
JoeSharpOld
I took out a console out couse it was alot easyer to remove the floorboard
Joe
jwade
Never had any problem with the center console. Is the rear part next to the
gas pedal angled in? It looks like it in the picture. That gives plenty of foot room.

Of course, there's always sawzall-smiley.gif

john
SGB
Yeah John, on my '73 the console is angled in, of course me feet are kinda - oh wait. Never mind. My feet are really big too. Yeah... big.
Anyway, its angled back pretty far.
Patrick- do you heel/toe with heel to brake and toe to gas? I do it heel on gas and toe on brake. Hmmm. Not like I've had instruction, it just seemed to fit right that way.
It actually will prolly clean up nice dash didn't look too bad (if you dont lok at the crack- sorry), Seat color looks pretty cool,, literally.
In Elliot's avitar, you can see his console. It does look really good. Maybe he will post a bigger pic. cool_shades.gif
ppickerell
Angling the left hand side of the box will probably work. Need a new dash!
wheelo
loose the console.... much better for both driver and passenger comfort! also, you can keep/re-mount gauges under dash.... work's better IMHO ....

smoke.gif
redshift
Is that dirty underwear?

icon8.gif

Wash the car with some occillic acid, and then throw the console away!

Consoles are for amputees, and posuers, with 3000 watt sound systems, in a sports car.

laugh.gif

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Sep 4 2004, 05:00 PM)
Maybe I will try the mod of the console.

here's what i did (and i always wear big boots wink.gif ) ...

in the back of the console, there is a wooden spacer, about 4" x 4" that holds the two console halves in place (away from each other).
i removed that.
now the console is flexible in the back, so even if you hit it with your shoes, it'll bend out of the way.

works for me ...
smile.gif Andy
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Sep 4 2004, 06:15 PM)
Elliot, Got pix?

I'll have pics when my son teaches me how to use the digital camera.
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.