Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to part out body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
I have two parts cars that have worn out their welcome where I have been keeping them outside for the last 5+ years.

one chassis was a stripped parts car when I got it...I just couldn't let the guy take it to the cruser so I took it. the other car has some stuff I like but the car has issues.

it was wrecked in the front end at some point and a body shop grafted a 73' front end on to the 74' chassis. it just didn't turn out perfect...the front bumper fit had issues.

they did a decent job of doing a slant nose effect to the front fenders and put some 944 type fender flair/lips on the fenders.

The front and rear fenders are what I would like to save...How do I remove them from the unibody?
Andyrew
sawzall-smiley.gif
bulitt
agree.gif

look at these flares on the Tangerine Racing site and it will give you some idea as to what to cut off.

flares scroll down.
Type 47
QUOTE(bulitt @ Feb 11 2012, 12:15 PM) *

agree.gif

look at these flares on the Tangerine Racing site and it will give you some idea as to what to cut off.

flares scroll down.

I book markeed the site for future reference...

I want to save the whole front fender though with the slant (they planed off the turn signals) body work.

What do I need to cut with? some kind of roto zip tool?
jmill
Sawzall. Cut the inner fender. The inside of the front hood seal is where the fender is spot welded on. You'll have to take it past the cowl and into the pillar.

Andyrew
Sawzall, It looks just like the tool in my cutting man GIF.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.