Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
I dropped the engine in my parts car today. Considering that I didn't have any help (and it was my first time) I was pleased that it only took me 3 hours to drop it. I needed to pull it to finish parting out the car. However, one of the reasons I dropped it this weekend was to get the transmission to take to Dr. Evil's clinic. The other reason was to get the shift rod since the shift rod in my other car is messed up.

I knew it was going to be ugly when I pulled the boot off at the firewall and a bunch of rust fell out. After I pulled out the screw, the shift rod wouldn't come loose. I had to use my sawzall to cut the rod on the firewall side.

I haven't had any luck as yet getting a shift rod and need it by next weekend when I reinstall my transmission. Would it make sense to combine the best parts of the two (this would involve welding) or continue my search?

Here it is....

IPB Image

IPB Image
rick 918-S
Wow! that thing is junk! Put a toe tag on that one. Or put a fork in it comes to mind. Check the classifieds.
jonferns
I just went out to the garage because I thought I had a sideshift rod, but it turns out its for a tailshift. I'll see if I can find anything for you tomorrow
JawjaPorsche
Hi Bill

I have a used coupler you can have it that will help. Pelican has new bushings.

See picture.

Jim Kelley also has some linkage for sale too:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=156610

Terry
billh1963
I agree that is one ugly shift rod I have!
stugray
I have one as well if the above fall through.

FYI - if you are removing an engine it makes it a LOT easier if you take the exhaust off first.

STu
billh1963
Bought one from Jim Kelly! Thank you for the help, everyone!
d914
sorry got here to late,, had one in the basement ,,, going cable shift w the suby,,,,,someday!!!! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.