Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4-bolt Mahle polishing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
uncle smokey
Has anyone polished the stock 4-bolt Mahle wheels? My dad blasted his wheels to clean them up, but they just don't look right. I saw the paint on Pelican's site but was just wondering on the possibility of polishing. Let me know what you guys think. thanks.
Ferg
It's possible, but IMO not a do it yourself task, It talkes quite a bit more work than Fuchs since they are cast and not forged.

I had a set on my malaga 75 and they look fantastic polished, but I would leave it to a pro.

Ferg
Eric_Shea
agree.gif They are anodized and need to be properly de-anodized, then polished. If you have a local anodizer, chances are they can help you with that.

I now leave you with the "Oven-Off Brigade" biggrin.gif
davesprinkle
My Mahles were painted silver from the factory, not anodized. When they're polished, I think they're the nicest of the four-lug factory wheels. Much better looking than the Fuchs alloys, but that's just my opinion.

I agree that you shouldn't do these yourself. I paid Al Reed $100/wheel for full polish and clear powder coat. In ten years, all I've done is wipe them down.
Robert21
I had my Pedrini wheels polished at Al Reed That was a few years ago, Came out great but the Fushs look the best to me . robert21
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.