Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift Coupler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
While trying to do something nice for my 914, I broke my shift coupler. I was trying to put new bushings in, and was driving out the pin, while supporting the coupler with a socket. Anone do one of these? I suppose I should have only supported the shift bar.
thomasotten
I forgot to add, if anyone has one they want to sell, let me know...
JoeSharpOld
d914: So nice of you smilie_pokal.gif As I understand they need to be pressed in.
Joe
d914
Sorry I had the wrong piece. Can anyone else help!!!!!!!!! I F@xked up!!!!

Coupler to shiftrod going into the bulk head for those of us that are slow, ME.
Brad Roberts
Would anyone be interested in a WEVO style coupler for the 914 ??

We wouldnt need the shimmed portion which would keep the cost down.

This part is not a part you can buy off the shelf from Pegasus. The U joint area is MUCH bigger than anything produced currently. The Porsche needed something stronger so Hayden whipped this out.

B
d914
how much $$$
Brad Roberts
I dont know. I'll have to call him this weekend and see what he thinks. It is something we have thought about. It does wonders for the 911... cant imagine it wouldnt help the 914's.

B
d914
do they make something for the back also????

Email or Pm options, I have the renshift in and solid mounts out back, but for now stuck with the rubber 914-6 mount up front. Would like to tighten up as much as possible.
JWest
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 5 2004, 10:34 AM)

We wouldnt need the shimmed portion which would keep the cost down.

How you going to do this? Will you provide the whole shift rod?
Otmar
Just checked my pile, I've got a spare from a 74 with the shift rod and rubber that I'd be happy to sell. What's it worth?
Are they hard enough to find that it's worth shipping from California?
burnout.gif
givory

Oh - I think so Brad. We have a flock of five side-shifting 901 gearboxed 914 vintage racers in our club [VARAC] and a w/e is never complete without moaning at each other about our shifting woes. I think I could stir up some interest beyond my own. Keep us posted on details please.
Gavin Ivory
john rogers
When I needed one, I used one of the aircraft type couplers from Stomski Racing and it fit right on the 901 shift linkage with no mods. Price was pretty good too.
(http://www.stomskiracing.com/)
TimT
$30 and a bit of my time

Its a steering u-joint The pic is from the install in my 911

but it would work anywhere
JWest
QUOTE(john rogers @ Sep 5 2004, 08:09 PM)
When I needed one, I used one of the aircraft type couplers from Stomski Racing and it fit right on the 901 shift linkage with no mods. Price was pretty good too.
(http://www.stomskiracing.com/)

One one end, yes, the other end was custom though, as the 914 coupler is built into the shift rod.

This is not a bolt-in deal on a 914 unless the whole shift rod is provided.

Those that can accomplish this as a weld-in solution can do it Tim's way - why would they pay $200 for WEVO's joint to still have to fabricate?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.