Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check out my "new" Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
Just got my refinished Fuchs back from Harvey at Weidman's Wheels. He did a great job!

An "after" shot:
carreraguy
A "before" shot.

I like the Fuchs a lot better than the AE Empi clones the car came with. I weighed one of the Fuchs and it is about 5 lbs lighter than the original steel spare. The handling difference with the ES100 195/60's vs the Kumho 165's is very dramatic to say the least.
carreraguy
Closeup of one of the wheels.
Joe Bob
The before shot looks like Empis.....
thomasotten
Looks cool. Compared to those black empis, the silver wheels makes for nice eye candy. smilie_pokal.gif
carreraguy
Mike;

Yep the "before" shot is with the previous American Eagle wheels that had the "Empi" look but wer not really Empi's. I will be selling them soon if anyone is interested; have not decided yet if I want to sell them with the Kumhos or not.
tod914
Looks great. Were the insets anodized?
carreraguy
Yep, all wheels were cleaned up (polishing, removing pitting etc.) and re-anodized.
anthony
Nice! A huge upgrade for your car. Just the wider tires make the car look better.
JeffBowlsby
Stunning Tom, your car is incredible. The 'new' Fuchs are amazingly beautiful...certainly my all around favorite wheel for these cars.

I have been told that some of the harsher chemicals will discolor the anodizing eventually, so find something mild to clean them when needed.
Rhodes71/914
Nice Wheels Man!
Great Looking Car as Well!! aktion035.gif
smg914
Your car with the new 2 liter Fuchs looks really nice. Who is this Harvey dude at Weidman's Wheels? I thought Wheel Enhancement was the only place that still does the anodizing process. I'm assuming WW is somewhere in California.
Chris H.
WOW drooley.gif

Those look great! I was thinking about doing that over the winter. Yeah who is this Harvey dude? I also thought wheel enhancements was the only place for re-anodizing.

Where did you source the centers and lugs? Are those lugs the 17MM ones that are on e-bay all the time?
p914
Super looking wheels. Wheels are like a stunning set of earrings on a beautiful woman. They set the whole thing on fire! stones.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.