Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help: Not able to idle my 74' 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
It has been about 2 weeks that i've had my 74' 2.0 914. I am able to turn her over, but not able to have her idle. I was told it could either be the timing, which i might decide to do myself or take it to Mueller's Motor Service here in So.Cal, or it could be the D jet fuel injectors i might need to replace. Thanks.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Sep 5 2004, 11:52 PM)
It has been about 2 weeks that i've had my 74' 2.0 914. I am able to turn her over, but not able to have her idle. I was told it could either be the timing, which i might decide to do myself or take it to Mueller's Motor Service here in So.Cal, or it could be the D jet fuel injectors i might need to replace. Thanks.

way too many possibilities here ...

we need to know a bit more about the motor.
has it ever run? valves adjusted? vaccuum leaks? timing set? MPS checked out ok? fuel pressure ok? exhaust leaks?

way too many variables and not enough info ...
wink.gif Andy
dlo914
[QUOTE]has it ever run? valves adjusted? vaccuum leaks? timing set? MPS checked out ok? fuel pressure ok? exhaust leaks?

well andy, the engine has ran before, the engine has also been rebuilt, but the previous owner isnt sure of the current miles on the rebuilt engine, vacuum hmm it has a makeshift intake consisting of PVC piping =(, what's an MPS?, fuel pressure im not quite sure, how would i check the pressure? there's a slight exhaust leak...thanks for replying
JoeSharpOld
dlo: you have PM.
Joe
Bleyseng
MPS= manifold pressure sensor -looks like a genade mounted on the passenger side under the battery (should be). Has a vaccum hose for the plenum and all connections should be tight.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.