Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 914 battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Sorry - kinda being a post whore this morning....

Anyone have a picture of an original 914 or 914-6 battery?

Thanks!
beerchug.gif
majkos
Clymer Porsche service book.
Page 138, Chapter 7,
Pic. #12, & #13, both Black and White confused24.gif

(Rex sent the info.)

anybody has a Clymer book?
Dave_Darling
It was later republished by Lash International.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...s_pg1.htm#item6

--DD
sixerdon
DETA was the battery of choice back then.
Check your owner's manual and you should find a picture.
Don
Scott S
I found this one......
beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
those are 911 hold-downs with a leather addition.
Eric_Shea
I'd like to see a picture of a battery with the cover on it. Theres a line across the middle and two arms on the side for hold down I would imagine...
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 14 2012, 02:04 PM) *

I'd like to see a picture of a battery with the cover on it. Theres a line across the middle and two arms on the side for hold down I would imagine...

tod914
Looks great Scott. GT? Where did you score the battery?
Eric_Shea
I should clarify... I'd like to see how that cover is held down. I have the same view from where I am.
tod914
Eric, those covers had a black rubber band that secured them. Roughly 10" long or so. Pretty sure I have one burried somewhere.
majkos
QUOTE(tod914 @ Feb 18 2012, 03:41 PM) *

Eric, those covers had a black rubber band that secured them. Roughly 10" long or so. Pretty sure I have one burried somewhere.

biggrin.gif Yup, I found mine in "Red Fred" (99.8% rust free)

I mean a Rubber band! shades.gif

Eric_Shea
Funny... That's what I suspected. Would love to see one. Are they still in usable condition?
tod914
Mine is. I refrain from using it, thinking the engine heat will take it's toll on it over time. Maybe Mikey can reproduce them wink.gif
sixerdon
There were two types of covers for the battery.....early & late. The picture of Paul's battery cover is the early style and was held in place by clamping wire on each end and held down to the tray, as a photo shows in owners manuals of the era. Sorry I don't have a scanner, but anyone with a '72 manual will have the photo. The later improved version covers the whole top of the battery and is the one held in place by a rubber band, which I also have on my '75. Both covers are still available, IIRC. But, I have never seen the wire clamp which possibly only came out in late '71 or '72.

Don
JeffBowlsby
This is the HO Recall Campagn cover, it didnt have a rubber band
tod914
So no rubber band on either?
sixerdon
So, what held it down?

"Replace engine bay rubber fuel lines, fuel injector gaskets, new battery cover and strap"
(from your web site)

Don
JeffBowlsby
Batt cover held by integral clip edges that just snap over battery (the clip edge is visible in the above photo). Dunno what the 'strap' refers to.
tod914
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...ies&vxp=mtr The PDF is showing it for the early cover under part number 010 409 549 B round seal. If I'm looking at it right.
Eric_Shea
Ooooh... too bad those come from Atlanta. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.