Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could the Admins think about these ads again?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
The ad spam is getting out of control.........

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=84

smontanaro
Looks like someone has a 2007 Chevy Tahoe he's desperate to get rid of...

carr914
I agree with URY and I will politely ask they we get rid of these. I normally just click on "View New Posts". When I just did it out of the 1st 40 Posts, 21 were these Ads

T.C.
wingnut86
Agreed.

WTF.gif

Is it OK for me to blanket email all these adds in return with 6 paragraphs of my rustoration??

Just asking.
6freak
Not that my word means much ...but I agree
MikeC smile.gif
poorsche914
I am guessing most if not all of those ads have been flagged and deleted. I keep getting them on my phone with a Craigslist app. Very irritating. headbang.gif
Tom_T
Same thing is happening on the 914club CL notifiers with this Tahoe A-hole. dry.gif

AFAIK both websites just "mine" the CL with the term "914" & list any which come up, thereby returning the maximum of 914 related cars (including WTB & WTT), parts, accys. & goodies, etc. I'm sure many of those would be lost if the admins limited the search parameters on here.

I don't know the CL rules, but when I looked at a couple of this jerk's Tahoe ads to see why it was coming up (e.g.: 914 in price, address or phone #, etc.), I saw that he/she cut-n-pasted basically the list of EVERY make & model auto to jam into every search!

They're apparently into EVERY CL listing market too (914club covers all of the US regions, whereas world is a few prime ones), with a slightly different & unusually low price asked by a few $$'s - which tells me this is probably a scammer with a price coding to tell who is responding to the ad from where. I mean $2500+/- for an `07 Tahoe cannot be a market price for a 4-5 year old SUV.

So the solution is probably to contact CL themselves to get this scammer removed & banned from posting!

I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure someone more "net-wise" on here does know! confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Feb 13 2012, 01:12 PM) *

Looks like someone has a 2007 Chevy Tahoe he's desperate to get rid of...

It's a scam .. I've been trying to figure out how to filter those out automatically ...

In the meantime, you can report the scammer to craigslist.

popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.