Full Version: OT: 5.5 magnitude earthquake in Northern California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikea100
flag.gif
JStroud
I'm near Sacramento, didn't feel a thing. shades.gif

Jeff
76-914
Is that all? That's like a category 1 tornado. Not too much to worry about. poke.gif
Jeffs9146
I didn't feel anything and I am east of SF!
tradisrad
Nothing felt in Mountain View. Gotta love CA.
dlkawashima
Centered near Trinidad, CA. That's in a very sparsely populated area of California, even though it's on the coast (where 90% of the population live).

I believe we have one member from Arcata who just recently posted about driving his car from the bay area back to Arcata and broke down a few miles from his destination. Maybe he will report in. But I would doubt there would be much damage ..... tremors of that magnitude, while not an every day or even every year occurrence, are not that uncommon.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(jsconst @ Feb 13 2012, 03:01 PM) *

I'm near Sacramento, didn't feel a thing. shades.gif

Jeff

People in DC thought they felt it and are running into the streets in pandemonium .... oh wait, that was last year.
Andyrew
Earthquake?
orange914
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Feb 13 2012, 02:40 PM) *

People in DC thought they felt it and are running into the streets in pandemonium .... oh wait, that was last year.

Isn't that normal there?
Drums66
.....I've gone to jams(music) with more punch poke.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
(glad it was'nt bad)
shoguneagle
Did not feel anything here in Flagstaff, AZ!!!! I remember the Loma Prieta Quake!!! Now that one we felt when were in the Bay Area.

Steve Hurt
Cairo94507
San Francisco East Bay and I felt nada.
underthetire
East bay, What earthquake?
aharder
Nothing here biggrin.gif
mrholland2
Well, I was in the middle of teaching my Survey of Jazz and Pop class, had a youtube showing of Louis Armstrong (stills and a 1920's recording, gotta love the internet) and we noticed the projector shimmying and then felt it.

My first "earthquake"

Weed, CA near the junction of I-5 and US 97

That is all.

blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.