Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 Guys, Show me Your Washer Pump Wiring Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Pretty please. biggrin.gif
John
You are wanting to duplicate stock?

There was a post about this in the last couple of days. There was a picture of the stock rubber mounts and a couple pictures of holes. Someone said that they would post a template of the holes....

Are you wanting wire colors? The ground will be brown. The hot is switched through the column switch. It should be pin 53c on a 914-6/early 911 switch. I believe the color would be black (if it followed 911 wiring color convention).
Eric_Shea
Holes are ready drilled and the stock standoffs are on the way. I need a picture of the stock wiring harness (2 wires actually) to the pump and where it joins the main cowl loom assuming it does.

Thanks.
John
Can you make a template of the hole layout? Or did you eyeball it using the pump as a template?

Do you have a 914-6 bottle? They had the inlet/return in the top instead of out the bottom. There was also a "T" installed on the pressure side of the pump that returned fluid to the reservoir in case the washer jets got clogged.

Sorry, no pictures of a "real" -6.
McMark
Tomorrow, iff'n I remember.
sixnotfour
The wiring is part of the -6 motor;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-6-914-...or/250730310699
Eric_Shea
Thanks Jeff. The sheathed one across the top?

Anyone have connections at the pump? I just wanted to see how long the leads are. Before they go into the sheath.

Thanks!
sixnotfour
You can see them in the ebay pic. The two 90degree females are for the pump. Laying on top of the motor.
euro911
Do the /4s have the same wiring, allowing for an electric pump as well? (I have a pump handy) confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
Can you make a template of the hole layout?

You can when you get the pump. The pumps are readily available and you simply lay some 3M Blue on the bottom and punch out the holes with a pencil. Then lay the tape on the bulkhead and drill the holes.

You can see them in the ebay pic. The two 90degree females are for the pump. Laying on top of the motor.

I'll check... thanks. I was on the iPhone last night.

Do the /4s have the same wiring, allowing for an electric pump as well?

No but, it can be modified. I have a 924 wiper assembly and a factory intermittent relay I'm going to try to wire all together. WISH ME LUCK.
McMark
The wires for the pump are part of the wiper motor sub-harness. The six has a small round, white connector that goes from the steering wheel switch/lever to the 'firewall'. The wiper wiring on the six is soldered to the motor and that sub-harness plugs into the white connector and provides power to the wiper motor and power to the pump, via the long pigtail, ending in two 90 degree 'flag' connectors with clear plastic covers. One wire it brown, the other is black. The ground wire (brown) goes to a ring connector about halfway between the pump and the wiper, which is also the ground for the brown wire (ground) on the wiper motor.

Whew! What else... ? biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Many Thanks Mark. That's a lot to digest... I know the hole in the dash. it's there on the -4's as well. Right next to the mount for the rubber dampener for the assembly.
McMark
I can detail the wiring if you want.
Eric_Shea
Anything will probably be helpful. I don't have he ground post but, there's options up there. I also have the factory -6 schematics, the factory -4 schematics, a 924 switch and the -4 intermittent relay and harness.

The goal is to get all of that to work together. Valy says "good to go" with the 924 switch. We'll see about the rest.
Mr.242
Momentary HIJACK: I need to find the rubber pieces that go to the washer motor...where did you find yours? Are these the same as the 911?

Thanks...I will use this thread when putting mine back together.
sixnotfour
It aint a SIX run couple of wires in some shrink tube and be happy................
Eric_Shea
That's my plan Uncle Buck. Just wanted to see how it was done. Sent texts today...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.