Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector Testing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pilothyer
I have a fuel loop set up for testing fuel pumps and adjusting pressure regulators, I would like to also test cold start valves and fuel injectors. I need to know what kind of voltage should be used to activate the injectors and/or the cold start valve for test purposes that would be as close as possible to actual running voltage. This is for D-jet with the 2.0 (green) injectors.
914itis
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Feb 13 2012, 11:03 PM) *

I have a fuel loop set up for testing fuel pumps and adjusting pressure regulators, I would like to also test cold start valves and fuel injectors. I need to know what kind of voltage should be used to activate the injectors and/or the cold start valve for test purposes that would be as close as possible to actual running voltage. This is for D-jet with the 2.0 (green) injectors.

I wanted to domthe same, inwas thinking of 12 volts straight from the battery, I guest not!
JeffBowlsby
From the Harold T Glenn FI book:

biggrin.gif
pilothyer
Thank you very much for that information Mr. Bowlsby...I can just see it now.........wondering why every injector I tested seemed to be bad.
Valy
Bosh recommends limiting the current to 2.8A through the injector.
In the car, the injectors are driven by a current limiting circuit that applies a higher voltage to open the injector and then reduces it just to keep it open. If I remember correctly, it opens it at 2A and then maintains it open at 1A.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.