Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 2.0L complete roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
shaggy
1975 914 2.0L
was originally palma green metallic but was color changed to guards red.
smooth sail panels and top. tan interior.

true arizona car. the car has been parked for over 26 years.

car has no rust in the trunk pan. hell holes are intact. battery tray is mostly there. the car has never been in an accident. its a totally straight and perfectly gapped car.
has all original glass besides the windshield. has 4 lug fuchs including the spare. have original owners manual in good condition.

$2800
$2300
$2000

located in gilbert arizona
if interested the best was to contact me is precisionchassis.jim@gmail.com

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
shaggy
icon_bump.gif

no one?
not even an offer?
i cant believe i didnt even get any questions or comments about the other cars sitting in the shop!
sfrenck
QUOTE(shaggy @ Feb 20 2012, 11:23 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

no one?
not even an offer?
i cant believe i didnt even get any questions or comments about the other cars sitting in the shop!

I gave you a little bit of a bump on this one in the garage - you have a very unusual VIN number on the door sticker for a 914.
mepstein
QUOTE(shaggy @ Feb 20 2012, 11:23 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

no one?
not even an offer?

Since you asked, I think you need to be in the $1K range and photo document all the usual trouble spots. It will still cost $1K to ship it back east and for a couple K more, I see very nice complete running cars for sale. Just my opinion. Mark
shaggy
Normally I would agree with you on the price but based on the condition I know it's worth more. I have quite a bit of 914 experience much more than my presence on this site reflects and most of it is high end. This is the only car I have seen in this condition. Yes it will cost money to ship it but that has to be a consideration of the buyer. I can't post different prices based on buyer location.
sixnotfour
How about a pic if the number stamped in the right front fender well.
since it has an unusual VIN number.
Please Thanks Jeff
914werke
Tan interior, your pics make it look almost white, or maybe it my monitor?
rick 918-S
Shagman, Looks like a nice start. You call it a roller but show a car with an engine and transaxle. What comes with it?

If the engine and transaxle are pulled I think it would be to your advantage to climb into the engine bay and shoot new fresh photos after vaccuming out the turds and cleaning and brushing the loose material out of the right and left hell hole. Your asking way more than those photos are showing it is worth.

Couple things: First the repaint is a serious deduct in my book. I bought a roller with parts engine and transaxle that was way nicer than the one your showing in those photos for under $ 800.00. Truely zero rust. It had a decent repaint that on the surface made the car show very well but hid poorly repaired body damage.

No real interior to speak of. All brakes with need to be refurb'd. complete teardown, strip all the body inside and out because of the color change, etc....etc..

So clean it up and repost new photos. biggrin.gif I'm just sayin.
draganc
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 20 2012, 06:50 PM) *

Shagman, Looks like a nice start. You call it a roller but show a car with an engine and transaxle. What comes with it?

If the engine and transaxle are pulled I think it would be to your advantage to climb into the engine bay and shoot new fresh photos after vaccuming out the turds and cleaning and brushing the loose material out of the right and left hell hole. Your asking way more than those photos are showing it is worth.

Couple things: First the repaint is a serious deduct in my book. I bought a roller with parts engine and transaxle that was way nicer than the one your showing in those photos for under $ 800.00. Truely zero rust. It had a decent repaint that on the surface made the car show very well but hid poorly repaired body damage.

No real interior to speak of. All brakes with need to be refurb'd. complete teardown, strip all the body inside and out because of the color change, etc....etc..

So clean it up and repost new photos. biggrin.gif I'm just sayin.

agree.gif

you asked for "..not even comments..." in one of your replies?

you posted "AZ, car rust free" and showed us pics of the normal rust areas rusty. confused24.gif

Just a few pointers, the wheels are not matching and the battery tray IS rusty.

I'm looking for a rust free roller but are already not interested anymore because of all the discrepancies.
I would even fly out and pay for shipping back east.

Still, good luck!

MoveQik
Jim, good to see you out here again. I hope all is well with your dad!

Good luck with the sale.
rick 918-S
Who knows, this could be a great start. I'm not sayin your price is wrong. There's not enough info to make a complete and accurate judgement. I'm just sayin if your asking $ 2800.00 present the car in a better light. Clean it up and list what comes with it.
sixnotfour
Well appears the door VIN is a rare Fuch Up, here is the other tag.
Thanks jim for reply.
shaggy
Comes with engine and trans. Engine is scrap. Trans is a core. I'm not going to pull the engine to take pics. I'm not willing to invest that time into it. Its sitting at the shop I work at and I have many more projects to put time into. It has all five Fuchs its currently on one steel to roll it.

I have yet to receive anything I could consider a reasonable offer. Feel free to offer though the worst I can say is no.
- Jim

Ps
hey Mike. John is well. Currently liquidating the 914 stuff. At a new shop now. Stop by sometime if you have a chance.

Precision Chassis Works<--CHECK OUT THE PROJECT GALLERY!!(the green 986 was Bryan Clingmans)
720 N Golden Key st.
Gilbert AZ
rick 918-S
If it's at a shop why not just drag an air hose over the the car and blast the rat crap and debris out of the hell holes or poke a shop vac into the corners and clean the stuff out. Then get some new photos. How about sticking the camera under the car and shooting the triangles and the bottom of the longs.

I have purchased a true roller for more than your asking price and paid for gas and hotels to Phoenix to pick it up. Add $ 1300.00 to the purchase price. No interior to speak of and no engine.

So I'm not picking on you I want to know if you have a car truely worth the price. If you want to get your price sell the car.
shaggy
right now its simply a matter of time.

too many other cars that demand time.

hopefully once we get some of the cars that have deadlines done i will have time to get that cleaned up.

it also has good speaker kick grills with no broken slats and intact tail light housings.
shaggy
slightly cleaned. checked all "rusty" areas with an awl and i can assure all rust(expect the battery tray itself) is only surface rust.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

having done rust repair one multiple vehicles i can tell you this is all only surface rust. i am not misrepresenting this vehicle.

yes the battery tray is rusted. it needs to be replaced or removed and relocated to the trunk.

lets be honest the idea of a totally "rust free" 914 involves a time machine.

-jim
shaggy
icon_bump.gif
dlee1967
Bump for Jim.

The car hauler just arrived and dropped off the white 71 roller which I bought from him and it was fully as described. There was a bonus of 90% tread on the tires which we never discussed. Thanks Jim.

I hope someone will see past the weathered interior and surface rust on the hellholes of the '75 2.0L and bring it home for reincarnation.

David Lee
shaggy
Price dropped to $2300.
mepstein
QUOTE(shaggy @ Feb 20 2012, 03:53 PM) *

Normally I would agree with you on the price but based on the condition I know it's worth more. I have quite a bit of 914 experience much more than my presence on this site reflects and most of it is high end. This is the only car I have seen in this condition. Yes it will cost money to ship it but that has to be a consideration of the buyer. I can't post different prices based on buyer location.

I agree that different pricing isn't realistic but my thought is your target buyer will come from the east coast so the total cost of acquisition is a consideration. I know of a ready to go buyer, right now, but the cost of shipping puts it out of his price range. If you sold it for 1,500, he's snatch it up.
broomhandle
Same. If it was in CA. we would have a chat.....
sean_v8_914
that is a solid looking chassis
BIGKAT_83
Seems like a fair price to me. Its more than a roller,looks like all the hardware is there.

agree.gif Bob
shaggy
it is all there. all the trim too.(minus the lower sail panel trim that was removed when the panels were smoothed out)
shaggy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 19 2012, 05:09 AM) *

QUOTE(shaggy @ Feb 20 2012, 03:53 PM) *

I agree that different pricing isn't realistic but my thought is your target buyer will come from the east coast so the total cost of acquisition is a consideration. I know of a ready to go buyer, right now, but the cost of shipping puts it out of his price range. If you sold it for 1,500, he's snatch it up.

for 1500 itll stay at the shop and become a conversion car. sorry...
shaggy
PRICE DROPPED TO $2000
zerliq
PM Sent.
shaggy
sale pending
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.