Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding a little padding to your carpet? Time for Yoga
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I am installing a new carpet kit to my LE. I was looking for something to put under my carpet to keep it a little more solid. Plus add a little more sound deadening. After scouring different options at home depot & striking out. I was at Target getting a last minute Valentine card for the wife. Anyway I see some weird ass Yoga pads. I think if that dang thing wasn't bright pink with some weird decals over it confused24.gif that would be perfect.

So I keep looking & find a plain grey down another isle. I pay the $10 for it & bring it home. I get out a can of 3M & get to cutting. Here is how it turned out. I like it & it strengthens the carpet a bit. It also is the rubber no slip stuff. Anyway there is my genius for the year smoke.gif
Elliot Cannon
Cool. Can you downward dog?
JRust
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 13 2012, 09:48 PM) *

If she's teaching me I could give it a try happy11.gif
Elliot Cannon
Hell! I can do ALL that yoga stuff. (Just not in this life time). av-943.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 13 2012, 11:48 PM) *

Yes, and cobra, and crow. I can't quite master scorpion though...

sean_v8_914
how long can you hold a warrior pose? aye caramba!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 13 2012, 09:48 PM) *

Go ahead and give it a shot.....but please, NO PICTURES!
Prospectfarms
No yoga jokes but thanks for a great idea. Strong, easy-to-get and cheap material for carpet pad or temporary floor mats.

Namaste,

Stuart
JRust
Yeah this is as close to Yoga as I will ever get icon8.gif . I do like they way they bonded to my carpet. Really a pretty nice easy thing to do with carpets. I am on my second set of new carpet with my LE. I found rust below my seats. When pulling my first new set they didn't come out great on the longitudes. I had some credit with Morph so I just got another new set to put in. I also noticed my drivers side carpet was a little floppy. It slid around to much when I go in & out. I think this will fix that problem too. I still have to get them in my car to see how they will really work out. I don't see a down side with them though. At least not yet idea.gif
scotty b
Wow what a dissapointing thread. I thought this was an episode of "pimp my ride"

JRust
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 14 2012, 11:35 AM) *

Wow what a dissapointing thread. I thought this was an episode of "pimp my ride"

lol-2.gif . I spit out rice at that lol-2.gif . Nice Scotty beer.gif
euro911
Good idea. What did the yoga pad cost ya?

I just had my new carpet laid over the old carpet, but I don't want to keep it that way. I stopped by the carpet store and looked over some 'previously owned' padding, but none of it looked ... 'desirable' stromberg.gif
JRust
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 14 2012, 01:15 PM) *

Good idea. What did the yoga pad cost ya?

I just had my new carpet laid over the old carpet, but I don't want to keep it that way. I stopped by the carpet store and looked over some 'previously owned' padding, but none of it looked ... 'desirable' stromberg.gif

Yoga pad was like $9.99 & is big enough to do both front major pieces. Had to add a small piece to the little end that sits to the right of the gas pedal. Wouldn't have bother except I had it covers but for 3". With the center console in place you would never even know. It just bugged me.
McMark
Cool idea! beerchug.gif
Mr.242
Thanks to your wife for marrying you and causing you to shop for a Valentine's Day card.

It's really her that should take credit for this....YOU certainly weren't there shopping for it. poke.gif

Thanks MRS. RUST! beerchug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Feb 14 2012, 08:04 PM) *

Thanks to your wife for marrying you and causing you to shop for a Valentine's Day card.

It's really her that should take credit for this....YOU certainly weren't there shopping for it. poke.gif

Thanks MRS. RUST! beerchug.gif

Wouldn't you know it. I got so distracted by the yoga pad. I completely forgot to get the valentine card sad.gif
jaxdream
JRust down for the "doghouse pose " ?????? stirthepot.gif

Jack

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.