Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel lines and flared ends...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I will be replacing my center tunnel fuel lines with some stainless steel hardline from Summit Racing.

I will connect the fuel tank to the pump and ten to the tunnel fuel line inlet with normal fuel hose and hose clamps.

On the engine firewall side, I'd like to switch over to braided stainless -AN line to run to the filters and to the carbs.

I have seen pipe to -AN Aeroquip tubes/sleeve fittings at Summit Racing...

* 5 Aeroquip tube nuts, AER-FCM3675
* 5 Aeroquip tube sleeves, AER-FCM3671

My question is... I assume that I need to flare the end of the pipe that the pipe to -AN tube/sleeve mounts to, correct? (Of course flaring it after first sliding the nut and sleeve over the line)

Do I make a single flare, or a double flare?

I have seen both types of brake line flarerers at the auto parts store.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Karl
Qarl
I believe I figured it out. 37 degree flared fitting on the end will made to the sleeve and nuts.

I need to make sure I have the correct flarer for the harder steel line.

Regards,

Karl
swood
I'd sure love to see some pics posted of this work. I have to do the same thing very soon. Keep us updated.
airsix
Put the filter between the tank and the pump. If you put the filter between the pump and the carbs/injection your pump will fill up with crud from the tank and fail.

-Ben M.
Zeke
Is a ferrule (sp?) type compression fitting available for that connection/transition?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.