Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine bay Seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I need the rear and side engine bay seals. I have seen them for about $32 each, but it is misleading whether I need to order 3, or if the one item comes with enough material to do it all.

This is how Pelican Describes it: Engine Compartment Seal, Rear and Sides, 3 needed per car, 1970-76 914, each

There is a guy on Ebay selling one, and says his has enough for the side and rear.

Do I need to order 3?
datapace
Typically when the bird site says you need "x per car", you need x per car. This would be consistent with what they do for other items.

I couldn't image you'd get all 3 seals for $32 icon8.gif

-datapace
thomasotten
QUOTE(datapace @ Sep 6 2004, 11:49 AM)

I couldn't image you'd get all 3 seals for $32

But you are forgetting - I am cheap. And if they are anything like the reproduction seals I ordered from Tweeks a while back, they aren't worth $10.
thomasotten
Does anyone know if the Pelican Engine Bay Seals are OEM, or at least a good reproduction? I HATE crappy repros, and would rather just go to the dealer and say, "here, take my money" than to end up with some K-Mart style seal.
RustyWa
I got mine at GPR. Called them up and they had the OEM ones for $22 a piece. You need three.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.