Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: routing front oil cooler lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwilner
Well now that my car is running again (microsquirt conversion complete) I can start to work on some of the other projects.

The PO installed a front-mounted oil cooler and ran the send/return through the passenger side long. There's a hole cut at the front of the long in the cabin, and again in the footwell to run into the front trunk.

I would like to reroute the lines on the outside of the long, under the rocker cover, and into the front trunk -- this will allow me to reclaim the passenger side heat (and increase the wife friendliness factor or WFF for short). My question is, how do I get from the front of the long outside the car into the front trunk? In the wheel well somehow?

Advice and pictures appreciated!

thx
Rich
Nana's_914
Have you seen how Elephant does it?
http://www.elephantracing.com/oilhandling/...plumbingkit.htm
rwilner
QUOTE(Nana's_914 @ Feb 15 2012, 10:06 AM) *

hm...
that still doesn't show how the get from the front wheel well into the front trunk.

Also...is anyone buying that kit for $1600?! blink.gif
mepstein
[quote name='rwilner' post='1625774' date='Feb 15 2012, 10:11 AM']
[quote name='Nana's_914' post='1625760' date='Feb 15 2012, 10:06 AM']
Have you seen how Elephant does it?
http://www.elephantracing.com/oilhandling/...plumbingkit.htm

hm...
that still doesn't show how the get from the front wheel well into the front trunk.

Check out Eric Shea's and TC's GT builds. There's also riquemar, Sir Andy's, Series9 and Marv's 3.6. Plus a bunch others that escape me at the moment.

Also...is anyone buying that kit for $1600?! blink.gif
Yes. It's reasonable $ for a high quality limited number kit for a 914-6.
rwilner
I did some searching based on mepstein's feedback and found this thread which has exactly the pics I am looking for (see post 224).

Anyone know how much flex hose would be required to go from the oil filter, around the pass long, into the front wheel well, and into the center of the front trunk? will two 10' lengths get it done?

thanks!
Rich
McMark
WFF. av-943.gif I like it.
rwilner
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 15 2012, 12:37 PM) *

WFF. av-943.gif I like it.

WFF -- or as my dad says -- happy wife, happy life.

<hijack>
Mark -- I shipped the other microsquirt computer and wiring harness back to you today, you should have it by week's end.
</hijack>
mtburman
I updated A/C to sanden compressor and had to drop passenger side heat. Lines run through rocker into fender well. Trying to figure out a way to tie drivers side heat into passenger side via front ducting, there's plenty of heat and room to fit crossover duct under gas tank. Maybe have 2 Y's fabricated.
RickS
Ran the oil lines under the driver rocker into the the back of the wheel well. Put in a 90 degree bend and straight up so that they enter about 6"behind the instruments. The lines then route behind/under the gas tank and then drilled two holes from the firewall in front of the gas tank into the trunk. Took about 60miles of aeroquip lines to pull it off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.