Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory Hood Measurements
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hencar
I have a friend who is struggling with adjusting his 914 front hood. He said he has two hoods and both apparently neither fit properly. I was wondering if anybody had the factory dimensions for measuring the front hood seal area.

At first I thought the front hood realease and the rubber bumpers behind the headlamps needed adjustment and told him to try that first. Then he sent me this message.

"I'm talking about the distance over the seal area, The gaps to the fenders, cowl, and front panel are fine. The contour line with the fenders is good for the rear 2/3, but slowly increases to a 5/8" gap with the front lip in the forward 1/3 of the hood"

Anybody have the dimensions they could send me? Or instructions if you know how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Henry
hcarraro@hughes.net
rick 918-S
Top right side of the page is a 914 Info link with chassis diamensions

http://www.914world.com/specs/914info.php

Oh, thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Jeffs9146
Sounds like a cracked rear hinge mount problem to me!
wingnut86
Henry,

Have him verify that front end spec to make sure he didn't park between 2 semis.

I'll PM you on the other thing I owe you after 6pm EST...

Dave
hencar
Like I said I thought the hood release and the two rubber bumpers were out of adjustment.

Thanks for the link to the dimensional drawings. That is what he was asking me for and I didn't have a clue where to find it. Thank you. I will ask him to photograph problem and will post it later.

Thanks again.

Henry

I was thinking of you Dave the other day. Hope things are well with you and yours?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.