Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing 73 1.7 with a 75 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
glens67
I have a 1973 1.7 with fuel injection,lost oil pressure and now has knock. I am going to install a 75 2.0 with fuel injection. The donner vehicle has an Oil temp guage. The 73 does not have an oil temp guage.
Is there wiring in the 73 for oil temp?
Is there any other wiring issues with the 2.0 install?
The swap will be engine and trans.

Thanks Glen
TheCabinetmaker
The wiring is in the car. The sender on the engine attaches to a wire that runs along and up the front of the engine, goes thru the tin, and attaches to another wire coming from the ecu harness on the pasenger side. I think its the first wire that pokes out of the harness after the harness leaves the ecu. The other end of the wire is under the carpet just behind the shifter. Should be half a dozen or so plug ins there.
904svo
He will need a TACO plate also.
glens67
The 2.0 has the sender and Taco plate. Why do they call it a Taco plate, does it come with refried beans too?

Is there a good wiring diagram some where, Color coded? I found one when I was working on a 75 bus. I had that one enlarged to 11X17 and plastic coated. Looking to do the same with the 914
Glen
TheCabinetmaker
Thighten the bolts too tight and the plate will bend like a taco shell.
TheCabinetmaker
wiring diagrams can be found in the haynes, clymer, or chilton books. Also at the pelican site. Oh yeah, and the factory workshop manual.
76-914
unfortunately the '73 diagram isn't in a "flow chart" format
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.