Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It is offical, UGMO is possessed!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
Ok, starting last week I started to think that maybe my 73 car was indeed in leage with Satan. While I was moving the fuel pump forward, I heard something like my dog peeing, I looked under the car and it was the car draining its brake fluid all by itself. havent even looked at the brakes in MONTHS!!
SO Saturday, we are putting the engine in, with the car on the jack and one block under the rotor, I hear THUNK! The car slide off the block and on to the pavement. That one might have been my fault... but STILL! Bolts missing, on and on... Then I notice that there is a roll pin stuck in transmission flang.
All day Sunday trying to remove the passenger side axle. THe rotor on that side is frozen as well. I never did get the damn axle off. I swapped out the CV and just gave up on that one.
So today I go to thread the clutch cable and thunk again! This time the PO had used a u bolt to fix the broken tube mount. This crushed the tube! Nuttin is easy! So I clipped a chunck off the parts car and weld it together, weld a new retaining clip. Hook up the cable and linkage and I am thinking I am making some progress. Replace the gearsifter and thinking all right here we go.
Press the clutch and SPRONG!! Return spring on the clutch snaps! and the new bracket lets go too!
:finger2: headbang.gif
This is suposed to be FUN? I exspect to have some set backs, but this is out of CONTROL!
dinomium
ahhhhh I feel better! A hot shower and a glass of Pinch... Life is not that bad, but the car IS evil!
Hawktel
Yeah, put them priests to work on the car. I bet you even money Priests swear when working on cars just like we do.
red914
yes, dino, an exorcism is in order. or perhaps ugmo is upset because we are always making fun of the way it looks; its feelings are hurt. sad.gif just glad neither you nor john were under it when it came off the jack. yikes!
DNHunt
Dino

Swear at it like a sailor. It'll understand. If it doesn't ask Andy for some choice German phrases.

Hey, Kevin and I ran up to Bremerton Sunday morning. Lots of Corvettes and Miatas killin cones. We looked around but, no Dino. So, I took Kevin by your place around noon, no Dino. It was good to take some time off. i was seeing rockers, valve stems and dial indicators in my dreams.

Dave
rhodyguy
yes, were you hiding? why don't you work in the garage huh.gif ? the rain will be upon us soon. be thankful the pin isn't stuck in the axel flange. do you mean blocks, as in concrete?

kevin
sgomes
Where is Slits on this thing? I'm sure he hass some kind of rhyming incantation for this situation! boldblue.gif
dinomium
you know guys, I have this thing near the front door, it is called A DOOR BELL!! laugh.gif
I was home and having some lunch around noonish... and yes, the roll pin was stuck in the tranny flange so I had three on the passenger side of the car...

the block was wood. We had just lowered the car down on the engine and was jacking it back up to put the wheels on.

John also didn't like me beating on the axle with the a$$ end of the car three feet up, I geuss the car sitting on the cement made him a little ancey!
blink.gif
red914
maybe you offended John by employing strong language whilst beating on the axle smash.gif ... just a thought.
DNHunt
Tried the DOOR BELL. And the dog was barking like mad. We coulda given you lots of advice like use a BFH or use a bigger BFH smash.gif . Or "What the hell did you let that thing fall off of block for?" We coulda been lots of help.

Dave
dinomium
wow, now I feel bad cuz we were home... Guess I need a nooz doorzbell! Again MORE PROOF THAT THE CAR IS SATAN! Ugmo must have disconnected the doorbell to keep you guys from saying "dood! just sell the POS and be done with it!"
happy11.gif
red914
if yo sell ugmo, make sure you gt the sooper kewl side scoop! the red racer needs that on the hood... you could connect it to, i don't know, something.

it really matches the wing!
DNHunt
Jeez Dino you're starting to worry me now. you don't suppose that the demon lives in the door bell and likes to pick on your car for fun. The reason I ask is, I touched the door bell and now my car is just a little off. I thought it was just the rotor and cap cause they looked kind of toasted, but maybe I got a piece of that demon. Heaven forbid Spiirit's been taken over.

Now that I think about it. What about Shane's red car. He's probably got the demon in his carbs.

Watch out everyone. The teeners in the Northwest are pocessed ohmy.gif .

Say a prayer for us

Dave
Root_Werks
Daaaaaang! ohmy.gif After our Whistler trip, well when we got up to Whistler, the Idiot light came on for the alternator. Made it home no problem on the battery. Swapped out the VR, looked good. Took it out a few times, then about a week later the light came on again. Hmm, swapped out another VR, light goes out,,,, comes on,,,,, goes out. Like it is laughing at me!

You friggen POS, I'll show you. Take off the alternator (not easy on a sixer) and put it in the back of my bike this morning..... The bike battery was dead! Gah! Would you guys keep your little imps to yourselves! sad.gif
dinomium
Sorry ROOT man... I think I have an old rite for renaming boats that involves a sprage of Sage, a candle and a chant... I will give it a shot tonite when I get home...
Could be infesting thru this web connection as you read this!
Root_Werks
huh.gif Y...

ou could... bEright

compt.... seemz-----&^ weeeurd 9*@^% now?!@??
blink.gif
red914
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Sep 7 2004, 10:58 AM)
... What about Shane's red car. He's probably got the demon in his carbs...

yeah, that's the problem. it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that i have no idea what i am doing, and am essentially plying with a big, sporty erector set! smash.gif

thanks for the alibi, Dave!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.