Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need the measurements for 1973-75 911 front wheel hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Meoshe
I am trying to find an alternative to using 911 struts and got an idea of using a 911 hub on a 914 strut by using a mix of bearings and maybe a little machining.

If anyone has a spare hub that is disassembled and can get me the measurements from the inner race seats. I need the dimension from where the outer bearing race seats to where the inner bearing race seats.

I have been having a hard time finding these dimensions online so this would help move this trial along.
Mikey914
Check with Eric at PMB performance, I'm sure he has this dialed in.
Meoshe
Thanks I will get a hold of him. If anyone has diagrams for the hubs and willing to send me a copy I would appreciate it.
Bruce Hinds
It's easier to change the struts than it is to change or mix the bearings.... why bother? 914 shocks will screw right into the 911 struts it's so simple why make it complicated. headbang.gif
Meoshe
I want to keep 4lug and will only be using the front hub to mount the rotors and using an adapter to convert back to 4lug. I know it seems like it is more work than it is worth but I am weighing all options to get a vented brake setup in front. I know it is not a conventional way by any means but I have to ease my curiosity. I really wanted the BRAG set up but it seems like they closed up shop before I purchased my 914.
jmill
I bet someone has the billet 4 lug setup they'd be willing to sell. I even believe a member here has it and will be going to flares and 5 lug soon. Post a WTB add in the classifieds.
Meoshe
I should have thought of that, thanks. Although I am still curious on the dimensions of the hubs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.