Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear tires rubbing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
I am running 195/60 on the street and 205/50 autoxing. My street tires are very close to the inner fender well(trunk side/ inside of tire) and might even rub on hard coenering. the track tires definatley rub. This is more eveident on the passenger side than the driver side.

The only way I see to fix this is to take negative camber out or use spacers. Any other ideas?

What aligment settings are you using? If I remember I set the rear at .5 to 1 degrees less than the front. front being -1.5 to -2 if I remember correctly
SirAndy
what wheels are you running?

cool.gif Andy
Rockaria
Sounds like it's time to get out the ol' wooden baseball bad and slightly roll the fenders...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&hl=fender+roll
anthony
If it's a nice car with nice paint I would touch it with a bat. I'd have a body shop do it with the proper tool.
Part Pricer
Guys, please re-read his post. His problem is with the inside of the tires. Rolling the fender won't address that problem.

You're on the right track. Camber or spacers might help. But, to re-ask Andy's question, what wheels are you running? Once we get a more complete picture, then we can give you the wrong advice. biggrin.gif
Rockaria
QUOTE(jmargush @ Sep 7 2004, 06:41 AM)
... My street tires are very close to the inner fender well(trunk side/ inside of tire) ...

Dohhh.... [Homer simpson Icon goes here]
jmargush
I am running fuchs on the street 195/60 cheap junk tires that came with the wheels
Mahles on the track 205/50 Kumho victorracer
Aaron Cox
im guessing too much negative camber? tall tires could rub with too much neg camber
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.