Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rights to 914 World logo?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Van
I have a request to make a 914 profile, like this one, but with the 914 World logo inside. I can do it, but I don't want to get in trouble with whoever owns the rights to the logo... So, who should I ask to go about doing this properly?

Click to view attachment
balljoint
You have my permission.
VaccaRabite
The work needs to be approved by the admins, so a mock up would need to be provided.
balljoint
Logo Use
jcambo7
Who let Dave out of the sandbox?
rick 918-S
The "914world" belongs to this site, but I think the image you are using was started by Jeroen. He designed that graphic when we were still 914Club. I remember he was a little ticked off that guys were just using it without asking first. I think he was ok with using it he just wanted to know who was using it and for what purpose. I could be wrong. confused24.gif I don't think the above logo link does not apply to that image. Van, did you get the stencil?
76-914
McMark makes a 914World sticker. I've got 2. No outline of a 914, however.
TargaToy
When you get all the legalities sorted out and you think about making a batch to sell, sign me up for one. I'd love a graphic like that for my truck.
McMark
Use the EPS in the link above for clean lines. Then make a sample and take a few high resolution pictures and email them to me. Should be fine.
oldschool
QUOTE(Van @ Feb 16 2012, 07:21 AM) *

I have a request to make a 914 profile, like this one, but with the 914 World logo inside. I can do it, but I don't want to get in trouble with whoever owns the rights to the logo... So, who should I ask to go about doing this properly?

Click to view attachment

I have the same one ...with out the world blink.gif and the text...it looks cool just with the profile...
TheCabinetmaker
Rick is right. That silhouette (without the 914) is Jereon's artwork. Thats the artwork that was used on the very first hats IIRC. I still have mine.
Cairo94507
I like the truck sticker but.....of course.....would like it to say 914-6. Is that possible?
Van
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 16 2012, 07:38 AM) *

The work needs to be approved by the admins, so a mock up would need to be provided.

Gotcha - sample picture is below

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 16 2012, 08:02 AM) *

The "914world" belongs to this site, but I think the image you are using was started by Jeroen. He designed that graphic when we were still 914Club. I remember he was a little ticked off that guys were just using it without asking first. I think he was ok with using it he just wanted to know who was using it and for what purpose. I could be wrong. confused24.gif I don't think the above logo link does not apply to that image. Van, did you get the stencil?

No, I haven't received it yet... When did you send it?

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Feb 16 2012, 02:53 PM) *

Rick is right. That silhouette (without the 914) is Jereon's artwork. Thats the artwork that was used on the very first hats IIRC. I still have mine.

I actually got the silhouette from Johannes, but I'm happy to ask Jereon's permission, too.

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 16 2012, 03:08 PM) *

I like the truck sticker but.....of course.....would like it to say 914-6. Is that possible?

Yes, I can do 914-6

Here's the 914 World version. I had to make it a little bigger about 8.5" long.

If the Admins approve, I'll offer them for sale for $5 each. The material is high-quality vinyl that's rated for 8-10 years (depending on color) exterior exposure without shrinking or fading.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
I sent it last week. Maybe like Friday.. Anywho, watch for it. I had a local guy cut a set off the tracing so I'm good but at least now you'll have an accurate size sample.
jonferns
What colors can you do?
JStroud
See I knew that would look cool, turned out awesome piratenanner.gif

Emailed you a change in my order, hoping they will approve the new design.

Jeff
PeeGreen 914
Looks good beerchug.gif
Van
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Feb 16 2012, 08:23 PM) *

What colors can you do?

In addition to these, I have light blue, coffee and metallic gold.

Click to view attachment

This 914 silhouette (approved use by Johannes) is $8 (and I can do larger versions for more):

Click to view attachment

914-6 badge - actually size - $5 (don't have a six? just cut off the "-6"):

Click to view attachment

And I have these 5" tall Porsche shields for $5 (I make larger versions of these, too):

Click to view attachment

And I can do windshield banners and rocker decals, too.
Van
Oh, I also have these - Porsche Racing for $6 and Porsche Motorsports for $7:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mojorisen914
Van, In case I missed it somewhere, can you put a list together of what you offer and then we place an order with you?

Thank you, sir.
TheCabinetmaker

Didn't someone get busted by Porsche for using their logo?
Series9
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Feb 17 2012, 09:29 AM) *

agree.gif

I would not sell the crest stickers and I would be careful about the word "Porsche" in fonts that Porsche uses.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 18 2012, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Feb 17 2012, 09:29 AM) *

agree.gif

I would not sell the crest stickers and I would be careful about the word "Porsche" in fonts that Porsche uses.

agree.gif

You may get the corporate spanking sheeplove.gif
jmill
Can you make them reversed so I can stick them on the inside of the window? In the Midwest we scrape ice off the outside and stickers don't fare well.
Van
QUOTE(jmill @ Feb 18 2012, 08:27 AM) *

Can you make them reversed so I can stick them on the inside of the window? In the Midwest we scrape ice off the outside and stickers don't fare well.

Yes, I can do reverse as a special request.
Cairo94507
OOOOOHHHHH yeah; I would definitely want a reversed sticker (inside of window) that was the car silhouette with 914-6 in the car in white.
a914622
I was just looking for a hood badge size, porsche sticker. I just cant drill the hood!!

can your stickers be clear coated over? do you have one the same size as the hood bage? kinda like your avatar with out the dino?

jcl
rnellums
I would like one of the silhouette 914world stickers

-Ross
Van
The Admins are reviewing the decals... hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

QUOTE(a914622 @ Feb 18 2012, 12:20 PM) *

I was just looking for a hood badge size, porsche sticker. I just cant drill the hood!!

can your stickers be clear coated over? do you have one the same size as the hood bage? kinda like your avatar with out the dino?

jcl

I can't do anything as small as the factory hood badge... the details get too small to cut with a knife. I've seen nice stickers on ebay, though (in fact I have one on the hood of my track car - to save weight, you know!).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.