Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headlight question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roundboy914
Over the weekend i installed a new motor for the driver's side headlight. All seemed fine, but now the haelight does not open all the way. Is there a way to adjust?? When i us the nob on the end of the motor to raise the light the rest of the way, upon closing, the light does not retract all the way. confused24.gif even mor frustrating, the next time it opens, it still does not open all the way. headbang.gif
Any ideas?
SirAndy
QUOTE(roundboy914 @ Sep 7 2004, 01:30 PM)
Any ideas?

disconnect the motor from the "arm" that moves the headlight.

turn on the lights, then turn them off ...

the motor should set itself into the down position.

re-attach the "arm" to the motor so the headlight is in the down position.

then make sure that the stop for the top position is adjusted right.

also make sure that both, the pin on the motor and the hole on the arm are not stripped, they're supposed to have splines and grooves on them!

cool.gif Andy
roundboy914
thanks, makes sense.
the spline and the arm are OK, not stripped.
One question - do you adjust the stop position using the knob on the top of the motor, or is there another way?
SirAndy
QUOTE(roundboy914 @ Sep 7 2004, 01:44 PM)
do you adjust the stop position using the knob on the top of the motor, or is there another way?

nope, don't use the knob at all, that's just a last resort if everythings else is burned out ...

there's a long screw with a nut at the back of the headlight bucket.
turn the screw with a screwdriver and use a wrench to lock it into place.

this is what actually stops the headlight motor. when it hits the stop, it shuts off.

cool.gif Andy
roundboy914
i will try this out tonight.
Thanks for the help wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.