Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: International 914-6 conversion project..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ollijg73
OK, not a technical question I know. I'm British and working in the States on a temporary work visa. I have funds that I want to put into converting a 914/4 to a 6GT replica. My work visa runs out in one year so any project I start now will need to be shipped back to the UK. So...do I buy the car and necessary parts here in the US, considering the lower price and increased availability of cars and relevant parts and then pay for shipping the lot home, or do I wait a year and do it 'all' in Europe, converting my US dollars into expensive Euros and Pounds but avoiding expensive shipping costs?

Hoping there's someone out there with experience that can help with some advice...

Thanks, Ollie.
ArtechnikA
how accurate do you want your /6GT replica to be?

a -really- good one will set you back something like $100,000. shipping across the pond would be a drop in the bucket.

Jon Lowe's GT Replica Page will get you started...
SirAndy
i know you don't want to hear this, but if you already have the funds to do a complete GT replica, you'll be better off buying someone's finished car. less hassle, less time and most importantly (trust me on this one) less money!!!

you can always ship the complete car back to england ...

just my 2 pennies,
cool.gif Andy
SirAndy
Jon Lowe's GT Replica Page will get you started...

damm rich, that's the third time today you beat me to it by just a few seconds ...

guess i'm getting old ...
laugh.gif Andy
Jeroen
Be smart and buy a car in the US
Heck, buy 5 or 10 biggrin.gif
The cars SUCK here in Europe and on top of that, they're two to three times as expensive
The shipping costs ain't even that much

So you can start your project in the states and have it shipped
Make sure you buy as many extra parts as you can stuff in the car

Or buy a finished car, enjoy it while you're there and then ship it home

cheers,

Jeroen
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 7 2004, 12:55 PM)
damm rich, that's the third time today you beat me to it by just a few seconds ...
guess i'm getting old ...

all the more impressive because i am all the way across the country from you guys !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.