Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crankfire Duel Plug Igition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I can get an early (gold face) crankfire system at a good price. What am I getting myself into.
Thanks T.C.
TimT
Whats a decent price?

this system comes with the toothed wheel, the pick up and all the goodies? or is it just the coil packs?

You will have to have the heads and lower valve covers machined ($350)

extra plugs $60

extra plug wires $200

the twin plug allows you to run high compression on les than premium fuel.... the twin plug does make more power ( ever drive a 964 with a broken dist drive belt?)
carr914
It's complete, coil packs, pulleys, etc. for $1,000. It came off a 935 Vintage racer. I already had my heads machined for dual plugs and was planning to run dual MSD units and this package came up. I'm about a month from having my motor finished.
T.C.
TimT
I just got Rich Clewetts new catalog in the mail

new twin plug HPX systems are $1329

add plug wires and your good to go

your $1000 system may be a good deal, but it may also have some crappy plug wires

Im cheap, Id offer $650-700 for the system your interested in...

BTW the system your looking at uses generic twin tower GM coils....$35 at FLAPS
drew365
I have a 2.7 twin plug with Electromotive crank fire ignition. I bought the car set up like this. I've raced it for three years now without barely a hiccup. I had to replace the sensor and that's it. My only gripe is the pots for setting the rev limiter seem to fluctuate. It will cut out at 7200 and all of a sudden start cutting out at 6800. So I have to play with the settings once in a while. For that reason, if you can get a new updated system for a little extra I'd recommend going for the new one.
carr914
I've been told the new versions (purple) are garbage with multiple flaws.
T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.