Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: maybe you guys can help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BahnBrenner914
so i have to do this senior project in the between now and spring time. it has to do with an interest of mine or a future career (race car driver driving-girl.gif ) and it has to have a charitable effect. I was thinking a car show and/or race/drive here in the greater seattle area. what do you guys think? I was thinking teeners but its for charity, so we should just invite everyone with a sports or show car. Tell me what you guys think, who i should talk to, where to have it, etc. Thanks
Brando
organize a track event biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
i'm a little curious why you selected the 'girlie driver' smilie but only a little -- please, i don't really want to know ....

who you should talk to first for an event involving moving vehicles is an insurance carrier. if it's a scheduled event through your PCA Region it's a cakewalk - basically, you get it on your Region's calendar - charity goodwill for the Region, handshakes and warm fuzzies all 'round. the Region President applies for coverage from National, you do your due diligence to run a safe event, you sign the forms showing who's in charge and how you can be contacted and ta da - you're covered.

if you want to do a sho-n-shine, you will need a venue. someetimes this can be worked out with a park (contact a governmental official) or a shopping mall (but be prepared for resistance - "yes, your guys are no problem but if we let you in we won't be able so say no to the lo-riders..." - i heard that more than a few times...

many communities have a "Toys For Tots" cruise or some such similar around Christmastime; getting affiliated with an ongoing event with some momentum can eash the stress of doing it all from scratch ...
Mueller
i'm a little curious why you selected the 'girlie driver' smilie but only a little

that supposed to be a girl ??? heck, I thought it was Charlie Manson driving laugh.gif
ablose58
Nah, that's not a girlie driver ,it's a rasta dude driving smilie_pokal.gif smoke.gif
BahnBrenner914
thanks for the ideas. now that i think of it, i could probably involve myself with an already planned charity event but the idea of organizing one is still on my mind. does anyone have the name/number of a pca person (i'm not in PCA, i'm not 18 (bastards)) that i could talk to to organize this. anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated and contacts of people who know what they are doing. any imput would be great. and no it's not a girl, that's just how fast i drive with the top down.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(BahnBrenner914 @ Sep 8 2004, 02:02 PM)
does anyone have the name/number of a pca person (i'm not in PCA, i'm not 18 (bastards)) that i could talk to to organize this. ...

it's not a girl, that's just how fast i drive with the top down.

every Region handles it differently, and you're coming up on election season so you may have a changing of the guard at the Regional level. i don't know what Region you'd be in, but go to the PCA.org website, find your zone from the map, find your Region on the Zone page, and there will be contact information for the membership chair at least. that person can get you pointed. in some regions, it's the VP who handles events; in some, there's an 'Activities' or 'social' chair. come regions have a dedicated charities/community outreach representative.

i'd think a simple letter of introduction to the Board, telling (briefly) who you are, that you are a Porsche owner, and what you want will get you an invitation to a Board meeting where you can present a plan and ask for their support. National will contribute $300 to a charity event, that should get you some bankable 'seed' money the Region can pledge or advance on the event's behalf.

and i don't name the smileys :-) ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.