Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garage goodies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
Finally broke down and bought an air compressor for the garage. 6hp, 155psi max pres, 27gal tank. The only problem is. It's noisier than I thought. Now I just gotta figure out where to put the damn thing. It's portable on wheels so I guess I can just roll it into a cornor when I'm done. Now I need to get tools for it. What tools do you all think I will need the most? Any suggestions?
Cheers, Elliot
skline
Air ratchet, 3/8 impact, 1/2 impact, D/A sander, air file, and that trick little cut off saw like I got. I use it all the time for things other than the car. Its called a body saw. The thing cuts super fast and gets into small areas easy. By the way, next time you come down, I got a question for you. Maybe I will see you up at the GAF? If you are going that is.
Elliot_Cannon
Thanks for the advice Scott. I'll be there. Casa Sirena 12:00.
Cheers, Elliot
seanery
an air ratchet is a good companion for an impact wrench IMHO.
spare time toys
besides all listed so far, a tire chuck and a ball needle for all the kids footballs and basket balls on the block. I do that alot laugh.gif
campbellcj
A die grinder w/ an assortment of bits is pretty darn handy too!

After wrenching on the car the last couple of weekends, an air ratchet has moved up my list a few notches.

Air tools rock -- I am just getting into the whole thing, but thus far my cut-off tool has seen the most action (several discs worth).
monkeywrench
impact wrench, angle grinder, air nozel get the most use in my garage.
dinomium
I likey my air chisle. when things wont budge... happy11.gif
next is a angle grinder and lvlp spray gun! Be sure where ever you plug in, you have plenty of electricity... I have to ask the wife not to wash clothes while I am using the compressor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.