Here are some pictures of the Award Winning Silver 1972 Porsche 914 for sale here. But first, a little background on the car:

• The 1.7 liter engine was re-built January of 1998 (I think I have the receipt for this but, don't hold me to it)
• This car placed 2nd in its class in 1998 Porsche Club of America (PCA), Zone 7 Automotion Concours.
• An appraisal done soon after the above event, listed the value at $10,000 (another thing I need to look for)
• Soon after the appraisal above, there was a metal up "strip and paint" done on the car.
• In 2001 this car placed 1st in its class in the PCA, Zone 7 Niello Concours.
• Car shown in the 2003 PCA/Shriner's Concours "Wash and Show" only (not entered in Concours Judging) - won a Peoples Choice Award.
• In 2004 this car placed 1st in its class in the PCA/Shriner's Concours.

More on the mid-to-late 90's re-build of the 1.7 liter engine:

• Re-built with hydraulic lifters and 1.8 liter heads (no more valve adjustments) (this added about 5 hp)
• Crane Electronic ignition (about 5 more hp) and a high torque starter (a lot of compression in this engine)
• A Bursch Exhaust (about 5 more hp)
• A Short Shift kit

More on the car:

• Appearance Group Package (if I remember right, this includes the black B/C-Pillars, The center console with instrument gauges, and maybe the driving lights)
• Chrome bumpers
• Pedrinni Alloy Wheels (optional OEM equipment), with "custom made for this car only", Porsche Crest center hubs
• A Momo steering wheel (I also have the original - somewhere)
• A Special Addition front air dam (I think I also have the original valance - somewhere)
• Alpine alarm, with interior motion sensor.
• Alpine stereo, with a 100 watt Kicker amplifier, and Infinity speakers.
• Wet Okole seats (neoprene)
• No cracking on the dashboard
• no rust, that I can think of, except on the battery tray (area below battery tray is not rusted) (I have a new battery tray but, it needs to be installed)

There is currently about 10,000 miles on the re-built engine. I've put somewhere close to $15,000 into the car. The car is not currently a 100 point car but, it consistently ranked a high 90s score in the concours. If you are truly interested in this car and would like more pictures, I can email them to you, just let me know. The best offer (within reason) by the end of February will be the new owner. A $1000 deposit will be required by the 3rd of March, with the balance due by the 15th of March 2012, or the pick-up date, which ever occurs first. Delivery/pickup of the car will be the responsibility of the buyer. I am willing to go to my local DMV with the new buyer to do the transfer paperwork.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
View the full article

THIS IS NOT A 914WORLD AD!
Do not reply to this thread! No one is listening!

Click on the "View the full article" link above to go to the actual Ad!