Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
orange914
!!!
Valy
QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 17 2012, 03:19 PM) *

Ever want to add oil pressure gauge, keep your dummy light AND not have to locate and change the leak prone taco plate and find the proper matched s/u?

Got that covered

This is an O.E. VW VDO black ring 5 bar gauge with the matched combination sending unit that operates both the dummy light and gauge. The harness wiring is already between the dash and enginge bay so all you have to do is install with a extention and tee into dummy light oil port. I can get pictures but may be a few days

1st $80 (shipped) driving.gif

How exactly do you install the pressure sensor on the taco plate?
Where is that oil pressure harness located?
bdstone914
[/quote]

You can nto install a pressure sender on a taco plate. It is for oil temp. No oil pressure in the sump of the case. The oil pressure sender port is on the top of the engine. Most people install the sender remote mounted using a flexible brake line.

Using a Tee on the oil pressure sender is not a good idea. The vibration of the engine will break it off at the threads and you have an oil gyser on top the engine.

I hope that unit is new as that is about the retail price.

Bruce
orange914
QUOTE(Valy @ Feb 17 2012, 03:53 PM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 17 2012, 03:19 PM) *

Ever want to add oil pressure gauge, keep your dummy light AND not have to locate and change the leak prone taco plate and find the proper matched s/u?

Got that covered

This is an O.E. VW VDO black ring 5 bar gauge with the matched combination sending unit that operates both the dummy light and gauge. The harness wiring is already between the dash and enginge bay so all you have to do is install with a extention and tee into dummy light oil port. I can get pictures but may be a few days

1st $80 (shipped) driving.gif

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. This set up you Do not have to deal with the usual leak prone taco plate -it's the round plate under the engine-.

The combination pressure sender is teed in to the oil galley tap on the top side where the little single oil dummy light is already in. Much easier install.

The stock harness on my 73' had a existing wire for the optional oil pressure gauge. It runs the interior stretch from the engine bay to the dash area, it was factory ready to plug in if you opted the gauge. I forget the wire color or exact location but I'm sure someone here knows it's color and location of the top. Imput on color/location anyone???
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 17 2012, 04:47 PM) *

I hope that unit is new as that is about the retail price.

no not new, from what ebay search I've done it showed the VDO combo. sender ran around $80, thats new of course and/but priced with out the gauge. I'm open for an offer.

O.B.O.

Thanks for the input, not trying to get rich just clear out some good used parts.

Mike
Gint
I sent you a PM Mike.
bdstone914
The senders are only about $30 new.

http://www.jegs.com/i/VDO/918/360006/10002...roductId=887192

Ebay is no guide as to real value.

orange914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 17 2012, 09:26 PM) *

Alright already Bruce. Make an offer, whittle me down if your interested, I'll probably take it. Many times original matched parts are preferred

P.M. me if your interested like I said earlier I'm negotiable. No need for a 3rd scorging shades.gif

Mike
bdstone914
QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 18 2012, 12:51 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 17 2012, 09:26 PM) *

Alright already Bruce. Make an offer, whittle me down if your interested, I'll probably take it. Many times original matched parts are preferred

P.M. me if your interested like I said earlier I'm negotiable. No need for a 3rd scorging shades.gif

Mike

I am not trying to get on your case or run you down. I am sure you are honest in your intentions but have put out some incorrect and bad information. I am not interested in the part but do not want to see another member get a bad dea or follow poor advise.

A tee should NEVER NEVER be used on an oil pressure unit. It can lead to it breaking at the threads. With the unit positioned on top the engine it will break from the constant vibration.
This can lead to losing the engine oil, engine damage and possible fire.

I have seen them break.

A picture would help you sale.

If you do not have it I will give you or the buyer the correct plug harness for the back of the gauge.

Bruce

Gint
Why would you need a tee anyway? Isn't the other terminal for the idiot light? I thought that was the whole point of the dual output sender.

And Mike, yours is the dual output sender like the one in Bruce's link isn't it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.