Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Performance chips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bwilless
I'm interested in finding information on programming performance chips for 944's. Does anyone have any experiance in this area? Interested in the bosch "language". Any tools avaliable, or is it all reverse engineering and hacking? Any web sites with more info?
Mueller
go to the pelican 911 site, do a search, someone posted this sometime last year...I'm pretty sure a link to free software for it was posted as well
Joe Bob
There are chip reading software programs....most custom chip guys read the stock chips then do tweaking to raise the rev limit, fuel mappping etc....trial and error unless you have a lot of dymo time and a sacrificial engine....

I have read a few cutom 3.6 air cooled chips and compared them to the stock ones...not a lot of difference for the price. I sold my custom chip and burned my own.... borrowed the program and the reader....chip ran 15 bucks.
carreraguy
Try www.911chips.com.

I know Steve Wong does 911's; not sure about 944's. He's a very helpful guy and he may be able to point you in the right direction. Worth a try.
jasons
Brian what are you cooking up? Jason here, got the car painted check out the pics in the HVLP thread. I had some good links for custom programming I'll see if I can find them. Here is a guy you could check out... He does BMW chips, I got one in my 5 series. He might be able to point you in the right direction.

www.dsylva-tech.ca
bwilless
Thanks for all the feedback. I found lots of good info via the 911 pelican board. Here are a couple of links.

dme hacking

More hacking dme

Even more dme hacking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.