Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 Motorvision Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
This video is famous on youtube and pops on the first page when searching "Porsche 914". Until now it has only been available in german.
Motorvision is now providing a channel in english that show translated videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyxB00hgwV4
rick 918-S
Nice! I enjoyed that! biggrin.gif
johannes
The guy in the video Memminger is famous. He is owning a company that rebuilts Bug cabs.
http://www.feinecabrio.de/cms/front_content.php?changelang=3
He also started to stamp new steel parts for the 914 (front hood), but this seems to be a non profitable business.
sixerdon
So, is that a '72 /6 or a conversion? Is that a '74 rear bumper I see with holes for the rear tits? I didn't think euro's had those.

Don
cary
Thanks, that was great.
Lennies914
Love the 3.6 in the Karman Ghia! driving.gif
somd914
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Feb 19 2012, 09:41 AM) *

So, is that a '72 /6 or a conversion? Is that a '74 rear bumper I see with holes for the rear tits? I didn't think euro's had those.

Don

The six in the first video had a four steering column. None the less, nice videos, especially the 910 (loved the drivers running to their cars for the start!) and an awesome Ghia.
wingnut86
I agree with the Ghia response as well. Does anyone have one of Jakes screaming 4 bangers in one?

Pictures maybe?

Katmanken
Jup,

Look in shoptalkforums. He was building one for a guy in the Cape Kennedy/ Melbourne FLA area which is where I used to run mine. The thread talks about the engine going into a convertible and I mentioned that with a torque monster, the frame flexes- a lot. The dash in my car had a nice dent caused by the stickshift smacking into the dash under hard acceleration.

Yeah, I remember that Karmann Ghia handling- all over the road. That rounded front below the headlights causes the front to lift and the rear squats and loads the Z- bar. At 115mph, you can feel the front end lift- kind of like a boat lifting up on the waves. That bumper may help act as a spoiler, but mine was missing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.