Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to transport a car on a rotessiere
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Well, today was the day to get my car down to Tony's for the cage install. The car is still minus everything including the suspension and is still mounted to the rotessiere. Because, was a little concerned with the car getting tweaked while it was on the trailer and mounted at only the front and back and no center supports, I had Brad weld together a few pieces to act like metal saw horses and mounted to the front and rear suspension pick-up points. This will also be crucial during transportation from the paint shop as I don't want to scratch the paint. All in all, everything worked flawlessly. I tied down the rotessiere in the front and back and then secured the car down using the support peices I made...it wasn't going anywhere. I also somehow managed to fit the car on the trailer in my garage and shut the door. It cleared the garage door by about 1/2" and only required me to move a few things around in the garage. I will post many pictures with the new cage as soon as I get it back from Tony over at TC design.

-Britain

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
Good job kid.

Chrome those closet rods and you will WIN all the ricer events...LOL

B
Brad Roberts
Oh.. I need the trailer back Thursday afternoon (no later) I'm delivering the 914 race car to Duttweiler on Friday.

B
Britain Smith
It is already back at Mueller's. It wouldn't fit in Tony's shop with the car mounted to it so I had to unload it there. He will have the car well into next week. He had some concerns about our (my) design.

-Britain
Randal
What no thanks to the workers who help push it in?
Britain Smith
Sorry about that Randal...Many Thanks to Tony and Randal for helping push the car down the driveway to his shop door.
Jeroen
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Sep 8 2004, 04:15 AM)
He had some concerns about our (my) design.

So, what did you decide on?
Doug Leggins
The "saw horses" look like a great idea. When my car was on a rotisserie I was also concerned about transporting it on the rotisserie. Each time i moved my tub I removed it from the rotisserie and then had to reinstall it at the destination - what a big PITA. Your method looks good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.