Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 SC front brake conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914junkie
So I'd like to install these while I have my car back on jack stands and taken apart for numerous other reasons. I'm pretty sure they are SC rotors and not Carrera like I originally thought they were as the rotors are new and measure 20mm wide. The housings for the inserts are Boge with the #9-2512-00-046-0
and (I think) part#911.341.083.00 I thought maybe the 83 was for model year 83 SC? Anywho, from looking at the pictures, do all I need is the inserts? Hardware?and will only Boge fit or can I use other inserts in those like Bilstein or Koni?
Thanks, Paul.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
matthepcat
I run Bilstein in mine, but they are out of an 89....looks the same though.

You will also want new ball joints (while your at it).
bulitt
Best process is to bring up the Pelican Parts page for front suspension/shock and you will see all the stuff you will need.
rfuerst911sc
Those will bolt right in and yes the 20mm thick rotors were used on early 70's 911's through 83 SC and are a nice upgrade for the 914. You will want new balljoints and if you have the $$$ upgrade to the turbo tie rods at the same time. In my opinion the Boge strut housing is the best out there because you can use Boge , Koni or Bilstein inserts. You will like them.
jaxdream
You will need to get the threaded strut insert nuts that match the outside tread part , shouldn't be that hard to come up with. As others have posted , get the turbo tie rod set , new ball joints ( 914 or 911 about the same ), check the caliper bolt hole spacing , 3.0 inch = " M " calipers , 3.5 inch = "A " steel calipers or "S" aluminum calipers .It seems that they have the earlier 911 hubs , so they are not the later hub centric hubs , but still a great 911 5 lug set up !!! Hit Eric Shea up for them , he's the go to guy for brakes. Looks great !!!!!

Jack
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Feb 19 2012, 07:51 AM) *

You will need to get the threaded strut insert nuts that match the outside tread part , shouldn't be that hard to come up with. As others have posted , get the turbo tie rod set , new ball joints ( 914 or 911 about the same ), check the caliper bolt hole spacing , 3.0 inch = " M " calipers , 3.5 inch = "A " steel calipers or "S" aluminum calipers .It seems that they have the earlier 911 hubs , so they are not the later hub centric hubs , but still a great 911 5 lug set up !!! Hit Eric Shea up for them , he's the go to guy for brakes. Looks great !!!!!

Jack

Those nuts came with my new strut inserts when I did my upgrade!
itz914
i would need to know if the center line of the stock struts are the same as the 911 struts. my wheels and tires cost more than the car does.Click to view attachment
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(itz914 @ Feb 19 2012, 09:13 AM) *

i would need to know if the center line of the stock struts are the same as the 911 struts. my wheels and tires cost more than the car does.Click to view attachment

What exactly do you want to know! Are you asking if your wheels will not fit anymore because of the new struts?

You will be fine with any 911 front strut set-up up to 89!

Unless you are running large calipers and small rims! The larger calipers won't fit in some of the 15" wheel options!
914junkie
Thanks for the info guys! That's pretty much what I was curious about if the new inserts would come with the right hardware to bolt into those housings. Hopefully they will. If not I'm sure I can find the nuts. I just ordered a turbo tie rod set and I have the calipers so now I just have to find a good deal on the inserts and a 19mm master cylinder and I should be good to go.
Anyone have a set of Koni's and a 19mm MC they want to sell? biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
It looks like you still need to find some shock hats!
jmill
QUOTE(914junkie @ Feb 19 2012, 01:02 PM) *

Anyone have a set of Koni's and a 19mm MC they want to sell? biggrin.gif

I've got the hats and KYB inserts if you want. I'd have to check if they'll work for the struts with outside threads. Pulled them out of mine with inside threads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.