Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 917 Style shifter knobs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2
VaccaRabite
Hey all, this is the For Sale thread for my current run of shifter knobs.

I am making them for Rennshift shifters and stock 901 or 915 shifters.

The cost is $70 per shifter knob, payable via paypal. The cost includes shipping in the CONUS and paypal fees. If you live outside the US mainland, contact me and we will figure out the cost to ship.

Stock knobs will require a Porsche crush ring. You can probably reuse your current one, but if not, you can source them from Pelican or GPR.

For install, tap GENTLY with a wood or leather mallet. remember, these are wood balls. Smack them with a metal hammer and you are going to leave a mark.

IPB Image
You know you want one.
Cairo94507
Yes sir. I definitely want one for my Rennshift for my '71 914-6 restoration build. Just tell me when to PayPal the money or I can mail you a check to save the PP fees. Keep the knob until the check clears -no problem.
Thanks for making these; they look beautiful. Of course I will want a matching pen too when you get ready for that. smile.gif
Michael
keske968
Please put me down for a stock knob
infraredcalvin
I'll take a stock one.

They look great! Let me know when to PayPal $$.
audio_file
Sweet! Stock one please!
914dave
Zach,
I'll take a stock one with CA finish. My Rennshift is so old 2004, it takes a stock shift knob. Nice work.
Dave
fasthonda
I'll take a stock one. Thanks.

Michael
fasthonda@msn.com
VaccaRabite
NOTICE!!!

My wife is in labor. Knobs are on hold for a few days!

Here we go!

Peegreen and Brant - your knobs are done and I will get them in the mail ASAP. The rest of you will have to wait. I will be in touch.

Zach
mepstein
All the best to you and your growing family!
badm
Zach, Please count me in for one of your knobs with the Rennshift mount in the more durable (CA) gloss finish. Thanks Ben (Badm) Please PM me with your PP info.
uncle smokey
Zach, put me down for a one with the CA finish. Good luck with your new addition.
Series9
I'll get one. CA finish for Renn.
Cairo94507
I'll post this picture here too:

Click to view attachment

This knob is a work of art and I will enjoy running through the gears in it (in about 2 years) when I finally get to drive my car.
Thank you Zach.
VaccaRabite
An example of one of the rosewood knobs.

IPB Image

Zach
hwgunner
I will take a Rennshift version.

jonathan
hwgunner
badm
Thank You. PayPal sent. Badm.
MDG
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 8 2012, 07:39 PM) *

For those wondering about the stock knobs...

I still do not have the proper attachment system finalized. The way I was planning to do it failed acceptance testing. I am now turning the properly sized sheath from 1 inch delrin rods.

I will get it!

Zach

Happy to wait for as long as it takes! thumb3d.gif
VaccaRabite
The delrin worked!
I have ~7 stock fitting knobs ready for the inserts. as soon as I make the inserts I will be contacting the people on the list, in the order that they are on the list.

I did a HUGE happy dance yesterday when I attached a knob and it worked perfectly. I had to try three different ways to do it, but it WORKED!

Zach
MDG
smilie_pokal.gif
infraredcalvin
Looking good! Ready for payment!
cconcepcion
I'll take one for a stock app.in the.CA finish-gloss finish please.
Congrats on ur new addition to the family!
VaccaRabite
cconception - you are added to the list!

Zach
VaccaRabite
I am almost done working through my backlog.
Ferg, Plaskett, cconepcion you are the next ones to go!
audio_file
Received my knob today, thanks man, it looks and feels awesome!
Chris
cconcepcion
Got my shift knob, I'm very pleased, thanks Zach.
VaccaRabite
I have about 10 more knobs in stock and ready to ship.
seanery
Zach, I want one. I've got a first gen rennshift. If you've got the one I need let me know and I'll PayPal you.
VaccaRabite
I've got what you need, Sean.

Zach
hedgehog
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 18 2012, 07:53 PM) *

I have about 10 more knobs in stock and ready to ship.

this got me interested so i tried to take my originsal nob off but couldn't figure out how to get it off....i don't see a set screw and i twisted pretty hard on it but it wouldn't budge how are the originals attached...?
VaccaRabite
Stock knobs are held on tight with a "crush ring" and not a set screw or threads.

The ring is a disposable part (many can be reused, but they were not intended for such).

To remove your existing STOCK knob, set a pair of vise-grip plyers around the shift lever, just under the knob. They should be set so they are just shy of touching the shaft when the jaws are fully closed. Tap up under the vise-grips to drive the knob off the shaft. Please bear in mind, if you have an aftermarket knob it may not be attached with a ring.

This is how you remove the knobs on 901 and 915 transmissions. I am not sure if this works for 930 transmissions, and I know it is not how they do it for the modern shifters.

My knobs attach with the standard crush ring for the 901 and 915 shift lever (or any lever with a 15mm or 5/8th inch diameter - like the Rennshift). I am experimenting on attachments with set screws, but those are not on the market as yet.

Zach
seanery
I got mine a few days ago, they are very nice Zach!! =)
carr914
Zach, do you have any more left? A friend saw mine & wants one

If you have any, save one - either I will buy it or have my friend get in touch with you

T.C.

Looks Great in a 911 driving.gif

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Yup. I have more. He can email me or contact me here.
carr914
Cool, his name is Scott & he sold me my RS - just over in Delaware
VaccaRabite
I have 3 left.

Zach
mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 12 2012, 07:10 PM) *

McCuen?
winders
Zach,

I could use one of your 917-style shift knobs for my 911-based race car with a Rennshift shifter.

How do you think the CA finish will hold up versus the tung oil finish out here in Northern California in a race car? I am almost always wearing gloves when I drive the car.

Are they still $60. I didn't see an email address to send money via PayPal.

Thanks,

Scott
carr914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 30 2012, 05:44 PM) *

McCuen?

Yep, McKeown
mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 16 2012, 07:42 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 30 2012, 05:44 PM) *

McCuen?

Yep, McKeown

I haven't met him yet but bruce abbot says hes a good guy.
rsrfan
Click to view attachmentZach, If you have any of these left I would like to purchase one for my 934 tribute with Hargett Shifter. The knob will need to be modified by me to accept a threaded female insert so either a knob with the crush insert or a non-drilled version would work great.

Thanks much,

JP
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rsrfan @ Dec 19 2012, 08:20 PM) *

Click to view attachmentZach, If you have any of these left I would like to purchase one for my 934 tribute with Hargett Shifter. The knob will need to be modified by me to accept a threaded female insert so either a knob with the crush insert or a non-drilled version would work great.

Thanks much,

JP

I can do that. Will PM you.
Zach
mclmk8d
Zach, can you do one for a stock G50 shifter on my 87 Carrera?
VaccaRabite
Probably. I don't know what the G50 lever is like.
Is it a 17mm or 5/8th inch diameter shaft? Crush ring attachment or spin on?
Let me know and I can make it work.

Zach
VaccaRabite
About to order components for another run of knobs. Spring is coming.

Zach
RSWannabe
I would like to buy a 917 knob for the stock 901 shifter.
VaccaRabite
Hey all. I bought wood this weekend and prices were up. Shipped out a knob today and shipping also went up.

Had to do a little soul searching. I have been running an extended group buy / site special for 914 World where I did not charge shipping for members.

I am going to keep the shipping included for World members. I like doing that here. But the price is going up on the knobs to $70 as of today.

Zach
'73-914kid
That's fine by me Zach. Prices go up, and that's understandable. $65 still seems like a fair price. These are the most gorgeous 917 style nobs out there IMO.
sixnotfour
for Christ sakes gas, food ,taxes, and now shift knobs...OMG.............. I cant wait to see my Kustom...
sixnotfour
OMG biggrin.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 19 2013, 12:22 AM) *

OMG biggrin.gif

I will take one exactly like this. Email sent.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.